two problems at once help!

Guilty93

Jul 22, 2009
marietta ga
ok so i put a throwout bearing in my notch today. the smog pump tube was cracked so i just cut it off and welded the hole up and then plugged it where it splits to go to the drivers side head. while letting the car down the jack broke and got shoved up between the trans and floor pan (i assume it didn't get anything because there is nothing there but a shorty header) ok for the issues... the car is sitting about 2 inches lower in the front and everything looks straight under the car suspension wise. springs still in cup a arms not bent the car did come down hard but the k member bottomed out on the jack before the springs really loaded up.. and the second problem is its now overheating yet there is no sitting coolant leak. it is using it tho fast ideas would be great as i have to drive it to work at 10 am thanks guys and sorry if this is a double post i never could find it

• Sponsors (?)

I don't see how that could happen, something somewhere had to bend. And for the smog, do you still have the smog pump and all the vac lines ran, or did you remove them too, if not you need to, as well as your cats. I have seen some springs collapse on a hard landing before also, did you see any collapsed sections on the springs?

i looked at the springs briefly they seemed fine i dont think anything bent because it K.O.'d the aluminum jack. no i didnt remove the pump because i didnt have the belt i need to do that and i have an off road h

i disconnected the hose from the smog pump and plugged the other end of the a i r line and the over heating got a little better i think the radiator needs to be burped again. the struts seem tko ed it you let the car sit for 3 hours it will come back up the second you drive it it drops again. i just drove it about 40 miles on a concrete hwy and it seems to have fixed its self im about to do a kyb gr2 set up all the way around anyway as well as replace all bushings and im going to re spring it because i want the car to be like new as it was my dream car anyway so its all good thanks for the help