Uego 30-4100 wideband question

bdollarbill

Nov 27, 2005
Just installed my wideband Aem kit, it looks nice & I hope I can figure out what the deal is because the online forum on the AEM site is apparently not manned, no one seems to answer questions on their products. Here's my question:
I have stock 5.0 motor, stock injectors, only intake add on is K&N filter, no tunes every done basic 5.0 street car, Exhaust mod's are no cats, 2.5" pro chamber, dual flowmasters with dumps at rear axle, no tailpipes. The fuel pressure is set at 40psi at idle, the gauge reads A/F readings all over the place mostly oh the high 16,17 or --- as its higher than 18, thats telling me its too lean, why should fuel pressure need to be adjusted higher than 40 psi for stock set up? should the AF meter be jumping all over the map? When I let up on gas it does drop down momentarily to the 15's but never any lower & goes straight back up to the highest readings at cruising speed around 2,000 rpm's. I was hoping to be able to use this meter to adjust fuel pressure to ideal setting to get best performance before adding my Aluminum headed monster & supercharger to this car, just puzzled at the results on this gauge. Oh yeah motor runs great less than 5,000 miles on it, rebuilt recently no real performance issues. No smell of running rich fromexhust either.

• Sponsors (?)