Engine Explorer GT40 Intake & Heads

Hey everyone. I have a question for you all. I'm in the process of installing an '96 explorer GT40 upper & Lower & 3 bar iron heads with roller rockers, 70mm TB, 19# EV6 injectors and stock cam on my '88 speed density 5.0.

I've read in a few places that i will need to increase the fuel pressure with this combo. Does anyone have any experience running this set up? Did you need to increase fuel pressure? If so to what pressure?

Any other things that I may need to change/ adjust with this new set up?

Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

It's not a horrible idea to have an adjustable regulator installed in your circumstance however...

It's an even better idea to upgrade the fuel pump (if you're still running stock) and ensure a steady power supply. So long as your fuel system [volume] is up to snuff, stock fuel pressures will be perfect.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Stock fuel pressure will be fine with that setup as will the Expo injectors, x2 on the fuel pump upgrade.

From my experience, the 70mm TB on that combo creates a transitional lean spot that the stock ECU cannot adapt to. At approx 50-65% throttle under load the AFR would hit 17.5-18.1 range. AFR at WOT, idle, coast, etc was all perfect. The lean spot and high injector DC is what prompted the swap to a PimpXS ECU.

What ECU are you using? Are you using these 24 lb purples or something larger?
1999-2004 mustang 24 lb purple EV6 inj.JPG