UFC Tonight

I thought most of the fights were pretty good. The only fight that sucked was the Patrick Cote fight, i think a total of like 2 punches were thrown in 3 rounds... The main event was great, Forest is one tough dude, he got rocked pretty hard a few times.

-AJ
 
I thought the main event was a very good fight too. I was very surprised to see Forest win but I do think he deserved it. The rematch will decide who is really the best.
 
I diddnt buy it but there were some goof fights i stremed it and missed some of the early ones but caught the last one. Ive always been a griffin fan. the first time i seen him acting stupid on TUF i knew he was going to go places.
 
The main event I think is a good candidate for fight of the year. That was a great fight, and save for a poor trip attempt and the uppercut in the first round, Griffin dominated that whole fight.

The Cote/Almeida fight was the only boring fight on the card as far as I'm concerned. But its understandable considering Cote went 0-4 in his first 4 fights in the UFC, now hes on a streak and 1 win away from a title shot, I wouldnt want to bugger it up, either.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the purchase, actually.
 
I was expecting something else not to see jackson hopping around on one leg. Great job on forest part. but im very disapointed on jackson. I seen alot of his fights from pride and he was not aggresive at all at least like like usual. Forest did his thing. the cote fight was horrible he was way to scare of almeidas ju-jitsu
 
Not to step on toes but there are an assload of people who jumped right on the jackson bandwagon as soon as he beat chuck. Also dont forget forrest trains with couture and wanderlei. Couture is really good at watching fighters and picking out there weakspots and using it against them. I knew from the second this fight was announced forrest would take it.
 
Not to step on toes but there are an assload of people who jumped right on the jackson bandwagon as soon as he beat chuck. Also dont forget forrest trains with couture and wanderlei. Couture is really good at watching fighters and picking out there weakspots and using it against them. I knew from the second this fight was announced forrest would take it.

You and I might be the only people to actually agree on that. Jackson is a great fighter, but hes been overhyped since he beat Liddell. He got KO'd brutally by Shogun, then after a couple of cans he went to a decision with Matt Lindland who is a middleweight, lackluster KO of Eastman who is also a middleweight, Flash KO of the Iceman, and then a boring 5 rounder with Henderson....another middleweight (yes, I know he competes at both, but really, hes a middleweight).

I may also be one of the few to think that Liddell would beat Rampage on their 3rd visit. Now I hope to see Rampage/Wanderlei 3, take on Chuck after he beats Rashad for the #1 contender. There is so many god damn good fights to be had now. Makes me excited :nice:
 
I missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was upnorth. This was the fight I wanted to see more than any fight ever. I can't find it on You Tube yet.

Anybody know when they will rebroadcast it???
 
Yes, this is unfortunately true. However, we can be guaranteed to see at least two. You plan on watching the Affliction card in two weeks?

Yeah thats gonna be one hell of an organazation if they keep the ppv's just like the first. Its real ****ty how the ufc has a free fight night with anderson silva the same night as that amazing card.
 
Yeah thats gonna be one hell of an organazation if they keep the ppv's just like the first. Its real ****ty how the ufc has a free fight night with anderson silva the same night as that amazing card.

Yeah, its going to be one for the history books. UFC showing a free fight card I dont think will impact it much anyways. Affliction has about a 4 million dollar payout card going, and I dont think they can stay afloat. I would be shocked if they sold more than 40,000 PPV's. They have a lot of top 10 fighters, but so few of them are actually marketable in North America. Not to mention that the organization and the card has hardly been promoted.

Point is, anybody that was going to buy the card is going to buy it regardless of whether or not there was a fight night. Most people (myself excluded) seem to have a DVR nowadays anyways, so tape the freebie, and watch the other.

In one way it would be nice to see Affliction get a good footing and have nice cards a few times a year, but I dont want to see it get turned into a bunch of WWE crap like what EliteXC has done with their primetime slot. What an embarassment to MMA, and even sadder yet that that was an introduction to the sport to so many. That, and if we get too many organizations going at one point, it turns into boxing, and we'd only see like 3-4 great fights a year. Too much competition = teh suck.



Noted. :nice: lol, I get in so many discussions about the sport that I often forget with whom and where.
 
I hope Rashad kicks chucks ass


I didnt watch this PPV I was working this weekend. Im glad Forrest won goes to show he belongs at the top in the UFC. I'm going to record the next one b/c its free on spike then Im off for the weekends for the next 2 PPV's
 
I think Evans matches up well against Liddell, I hope Chuck doesn't take Rashad lightly.

You think so? hm. See, now I saw his last few opponents matching up for him. I think Rashad is in for a very long night. If Randleman, Tito, Babalu, Monson, etc. couldn't take chuck down, I think that Rashad has very little chance. Couture is the only one that could really take Chuck down, and in their last two bouts, he wasnt very successful.

Liddell by murder. I dont think Rashad has enough power to ko liddell, and I know he can't keep him on his back if he manages to get him there. And I think after the loss to Jardine, Chuck won't be taking anybody lightly.
 
You think so? hm. See, now I saw his last few opponents matching up for him. I think Rashad is in for a very long night. If Randleman, Tito, Babalu, Monson, etc. couldn't take chuck down, I think that Rashad has very little chance. Couture is the only one that could really take Chuck down, and in their last two bouts, he wasnt very successful.

Liddell by murder. I dont think Rashad has enough power to ko liddell, and I know he can't keep him on his back if he manages to get him there. And I think after the loss to Jardine, Chuck won't be taking anybody lightly.

Its the UFC, if all of last year and the fight w/ Forrest and Griffin told us anything its that when it comes to the UFC expect the unexpected.