Underdrive pullies with a supercharger?

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
Can they be used im putting a powerdyne BD11A on my 87 GT right now it has U/D pullies will it work or do i need to go back to stock stuff and where can i get the Alt and Water pump pullies?...

• Sponsors (?)

will it work.. yes... will it make boost... not really. your crank pulley to blower pulley ratio is going to be screwed up.

Junkyard is where id be getting the pulleys

will it work.. yes... will it make boost... not really. your crank pulley to blower pulley ratio is going to be screwed up.

Dumb question why?..is it because the crank pulley will be spining faster/slower the the crank pulley for the blower? they are seperate?...im kinda confussed...

big stock crank pulley vs little blower pulley spins the blower faster

small crank pulley vs same blower pulley = spins slower

:bs:

huh? It's a seperate belt for my blower, alt and wp have their own and having underdrives on them have no effect on boost. Crank pulley is the one that comes with the blower. Correct me if I don't understand what you are saying

Does the BD11a use only 1 serpentine belt? :shrug:

:bs:

huh? It's a seperate belt for my blower, alt and wp have their own and having underdrives on them have no effect on boost. Crank pulley is the one that comes with the blower. Correct me if I don't understand what you are saying

Does the BD11a use only 1 serpentine belt? :shrug:

See im more confussed now...lol I was told that you cant use underdrive pullies with a supercharger..I think powerdyne has the pulley that bolts to the stock crank pulley..Maybe it wont bolt to a underdrive pulley maybe that pulley is to small to fit the supercharger pulley??? yes it is a seperate belt for the blower....But say the pulley i get does have the crank and blower belt together all one pulley, can i use the underdrive water pump and Alt pullies will it work ? Will i affect boost?

if its a one serp setup a smaller crank pulley would slow everything down including the blower but if the blower has its own pulley set and belt than it wont matter as long as the blower crank pulley will still bolt to the aftermarket crank pulley on your motor.

if its a one serp setup a smaller crank pulley would slow everything down including the blower but if the blower has its own pulley set and belt than it wont matter as long as the blower crank pulley will still bolt to the aftermarket crank pulley on your motor.

Ok thats what i thought..I know it has its own belt...so hopefully if fits the under drive pulley,it will work...

Under drive pulleys with a modular motor is usually a no-no, since most blower kits (Tork Teck being an exception to the rule) utilize a single drive belt that drives all accessories from the crank pulley.....including the blower.

Most 302/351W OHV based kits on the other hand use an independent drive belt system for both the accessories and the blower. The procharger kit may be designed similar to a modular system, where all accessories...blower included run off of the same belt?