Update: 03 Cobra 6th Gear Vibration

Kyle-02GT

May 21, 2003
Update on the problem I've been having with 6th gear....

After going through all the TSB's for the Vibration the dealership has determined that it was something internal in the transmission that is causing the vibration.

Tomarrow they crack into it to try and locate the problem...I hope they just put a whole new tranny in it as it only has 2000 miles on it and really don't want it rebuilt.

Symtoms of the problem: 6th gear heavy vibration which disappears when you put the clutch in or put it back in 5th gear. Vibration changes intensity with speed.

The car has had the problem since I bought it and they are just getting around to getting it in to fix it....

• Sponsors (?)

I just got my Cobra, but I noticed a lot of noise coming up form the shift boot, especially in first. Almost sounds like there are little pebbles in the bell housing or something. Ever heard it?

they use a t-56 dont they? my 95 Z28 had a t-56 in it and i never used 6th gear because it always made a vibration similar to what you are describing. 6th was the only gear that had any vibration. i never figured out what it was.