Progress Thread Update And Opinions On My Build Plan And Some Questions.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys. Thanks for the interest. Well I finally got a power steering pulley after bending mine installing it backwards and pulling it back off.

I'm going to install the lower rad hose and measure for the new belt right now. Been reassembling all day today. I deleted the smog pump and added an under drive power steering pulley so I have no idea what length belt to get. So by tonight I should be firing it up and seeing if everything is good. We have fired the car and it ides great. There is a hesitation when reving it up. I'm pretty sure it's a vacuume leak.

Stay tuned as it may leave the garage for a test run later.

Again, thanks for the interest.

Got the fluids filled and the correct length belt. Warmed it up this morning and made sure no leaks. Let it idle for about 20 minutes and everything is pretty good. Took it out on the wet roads of Washington and it ran great! Really pleased and seems to have great power!

Still have a high pitch whistle but it's not affecting the way it runs. And just a small header leak.

All and all I'm pleased! Can't wait for a dry road test. Gonna change header gaskets once it cools down from running.

Reactions: 1 user
The engine is done and running great. The whistle was the porting access plate on the Edlebrock RPM upper. Sealed it up with some permatex and its gone. Very happy with the power. Had to rebuild my H pipe as it wouldent line up with the header ball seal. Car sounds great and also got my 76 mm BBK MAF sensor on as well a CAI kit. Really made it breath good.

I pulled the dash 2 weeks ago and put in the new OEM heater core in. Got the AC charged. Now I'm looking for seats and getting the new top done.

Had a bad vibration letting off from highway speeds, when I put it on a lift to fix the exhaust leak found all 4 drive line bolts loose! Yikes! That could have gotten ugly.

So carpet, seats and a new top and next will be a 5 lug swap. Poly bushings, shocks struts, rear control arms and I'll call it good.

Reactions: 1 users
The engine is done and running great. The whistle was the porting access plate on the Edlebrock RPM upper. Sealed it up with some permatex and its gone. Very happy with the power. Had to rebuild my H pipe as it wouldent line up with the header ball seal. Car sounds great and also got my 76 mm BBK MAF sensor on as well a CAI kit. Really made it breath good.

I pulled the dash 2 weeks ago and put in the new OEM heater core in. Got the AC charged. Now I'm looking for seats and getting the new top done.

Had a bad vibration letting off from highway speeds, when I put it on a lift to fix the exhaust leak found all 4 drive line bolts loose! Yikes! That could have gotten ugly.

So carpet, seats and a new top and next will be a 5 lug swap. Poly bushings, shocks struts, rear control arms and I'll call it good.
Locktite

Reactions: 1 user
image.jpg
image.jpg
Some pics of the build as it went along. I'll take one of the engine this morning fully assembled.

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users