Update: Engine Rebuild And Installation Complete!

HotRodBlack

Apr 24, 2017
Hey everybody,

I posted up a few months back inquiring about engine noises, rebuild costs, and cam combinations. And after much research and chasing down parts and a few setbacks I've finally completed the overhaul of my original engine!

Enclosed is the before noise for a refresher, and the final product

My set up is as follows:

Stock block, did not bore. Used a ball hone in the cylinders

Speed pro hypereutectic pistons. New OE ford rods.

OE ford Crankshaft, polished with emery cloth on the bearing surfaces-this is a replacement as mine was too far gone.

Goes without saying, a complete set of main bearings and rod bearings by clevite. All standard size per my measurements.

Feldpro engine overhaul gasket set (this is really cool, inexpensive and available at your local parts store. It has every gasket you need for multiple years/application and features the one piece oil pan gasket)

Ford racing B303 camshaft

Comp cams timing set-came with the cam I bought.

Edlebrock performer Intake

BBk unequal length headers.

Crane 1.72 rocker arms. E7 heads

Standard length push rods-OE

Set of lifters from ford-OE

Note: this is an extremely money conscious build. It is not the best of the best components. This "set up" relies heavily on research, and labor time. It took me a while to put it all together and get it done right.

View: https://youtu.be/HMtkHLCbkAY

Before- low oil pressure, poor idle quality and lots of internal engine noise.

The culprit? Oil starvation, worn out main bearings, and a 19 year old driver.

Cylinder 8 intake lifter failed and ground its roller into a semi circle.

View: https://youtu.be/OtBYm-bWV3g

Two points being made:

One , I'm proud and want to share with you all.

Two:
You CAN ball on a budget with these cars. E7 heads are not ideal, but if you take your time, do the math, and get it put together properly you can have a nice mild healthy motor for your car for a couple hundred bucks.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice job! Anyone can build a strong motor if you throw money at it. I enjoy seeing guys who do good work on a small budget to get the most out of what they have. Should be a reliable all around good driver. Enjoy it!

Reactions: 1 user
hail b cam.jpg