Update on Build Few more "?'s" though

Yobi1Kanobi

Apr 9, 2003
347 stroker on the way. Part list for the build is as follows.

9 to 1 compression KB forged piston
I beam rods
hellfire plasma rings
Main cap Girdle
Windage tray
HV oil pump
7 qt pan
28 oz balnce Flywheel and SFI dampner.

Trick Flow R intake
Trick Flow Heads

Hi-6 crane ingnition
Summit Distributor

65mm TB
DIABLO Chip custom tune

POWERDYNE 9#

3.73 gear
aluminum drive shaft
subframe connectors
upper and lower control arms
Tokico shocks and Springs
TKO 600
custom clutch

:lock: Just got the parts below:lock:

ARP head studs
42 # inj
80mm OBD II maf with adapter harness
Comp cam 533/544 lift
new valve springs
Fel-pro gasket kit /one piece oilpan gasket
T-rex booster pump
Holley 255 force induction pump

:bang: Here are the questions?

I need to get the Heads checked for spring binding with this cam according to Summit what are your experience with doing this.Is it worth the trouble to run this cam or should I just go back to my Trick Flow Stg 1. I am using this cam through personal recomendations from guys with sim setups and comp cams and the 114 LSA as apposed to the TF's 112 LSA.

second I have a set of aluminum fuel rails to install I need A standalone FPR but are they worth the install with the stock fuel lines.

third is my cooling system on our cars what where is the best place to get a two row aluminum rad...steeda is out of the question $$$$$$ seen some after market stuff on ebay. what do you think about these pieces.Or should i spring the few extra bucks for a fluidyne.

Last should I sell my NOS kit or run it over my blower. Kinda like an insurance incase I'm about to get:owned: I have a bad feeling about running 2 power adders I was thinking of setting it up about a 25 shot to cool the air intake. Kinda like Meth inj..Just a thought.Plus I kinda like the purge Kit.:shrug:

I appreciate you help guys:nice: Any other suggestion are welcomed. Or Gaps in my set-up.

• Sponsors (?)

as far as the radiator goes, it is a bit expensive, but fluidyne is the way to go. it drops in with no problems.....$319 at absoluteradiator.com. i would dump the nitrous kit. it is only asking for problems. i will be calling you soon. my car goes into the garage this week to get torn down. i finally got the motivation since i ordered the systemax intake today.

The cam card should have the recommended valve springs. Get those springs and have the installed height set correctly.

I would NOT spray this motor.

Do NOT run a trickflow stg 1 cam in this motor. I'd run an AFM hi rev blower cam or a custom. The 42's probably won't cut it.

Get an aluminum flywheel also.

Watch out for the Comp recommended springs. My cam sheet listed the 986 springs which are too heavy for my cam's rpm range and our hydrualic lifters. The last thing you want is lost cam due to high rpm bleed-down. BUT it's just food for thought. I ended up going with the 942's.

What are you anticipating for your powerband? If you are planning to go over 6500 you may want to take a good look at your cam/lifters. At some point, you may be better of going to a solid roller.

Also, you definitely want to check for bind. That's a given. I'd bet that you will be fine, but why take a chance when it's cheap to do :shrug:

thanks.....leaning towards the sale of the NOS and I will check the bind on the heads.

Revs will be limited to 6200 no need to really spin it more than that.IMO even though my intake is rated to 7200 its not such a good idea on a stock block.

As far as alum flywheel I already purchase a billet piece .400 bucks on a piece that have reputations of warping. just couldnt do it for a street car.Thank for the suggestion though.

So then for your springs, I would stick with something around 110# seat and 300# open and it might be a good idea to get a dampened set.

As for the flywheel . . . I always figured it could only warp if you leaked oil onto it or drove through a foot of water :shrug: But I never liked the idea of a lightweight FW on a streetcare, but then again I've never driven a car with one so wouldn't really know.

yobi1kanobi said:
thanks.....leaning towards the sale of the NOS and I will check the bind on the heads.

Revs will be limited to 6200 no need to really spin it more than that.IMO even though my intake is rated to 7200 its not such a good idea on a stock block.

As far as alum flywheel I already purchase a billet piece .400 bucks on a piece that have reputations of warping. just couldnt do it for a street car.Thank for the suggestion though.
i have been through 3 fidanza flywheels now and have never had an issue with warping. ultrarev,com has them for $319.

J/K

-Get some good valve springs, keeping the custom cam is def worth it.
-The fuel rails will help some, but 42s likely wont cut it
-The Fluidyne works great/is a direct swap
-The N20 will really wake the motor up..its a gamble if your motor will stay together

Wow that price is just right on the fluidyne....they will be shipping me one of those next week.

Well I couldnt locate an affordable set of 55#inj but I see alot of people on here runnin 42's with similar setups how are you guys getting away with them. (not you guys are wrong just saying how do 42 meet the req of others)

????How do you adapt the stock Fuel lines to the Aluminum fuel rails?????

yobi1kanobi said:
Wow that price is just right on the fluidyne....they will be shipping me one of those next week.

Well I couldnt locate an affordable set of 55#inj but I see alot of people on here runnin 42's with similar setups how are you guys getting away with them. (not you guys are wrong just saying how do 42 meet the req of others)

????How do you adapt the stock Fuel lines to the Aluminum fuel rails?????
With the Meth Inj kit....Eades ran mid 500's to the wheels running rich with the kit and 42's
RC

94GTLaserRC said:
With the Meth Inj kit....Eades ran mid 500's to the wheels running rich with the kit and 42's
RC

579rw running outta gas @5300rpm with the help from the alky..hehe:nice:

42s are good to 500-550rw with a good pump.