Upgrading head unit in 2010 base, double din dash?

Iamsupernova

Jan 3, 2020
Houston
Well I'm looking at upgrading my head unit to a touch screen with back up camera. What I'm having issues in is finding the dash kit that has the right cut outs for the climate controls. Is anyone aware of any basic dash kit that will keep that aspect of it and allow me to install a double din head unit? I know there are ones that have digital controls, but they're 200-300+. Other models of cars have what I'm looking for in the 30 dollar range. I don't care if the climate controls stay the same. So it's really not worth the price to upgrade them as well if I can avoid it

• Sponsors (?)

Haven't gotten to it yet. If there was some cheaper work around I might've by now, but that damn dash kit being necessary is really making it difficult.

I don't have access to all the power tools and stuff I had a couple years ago, if I still had them I'd probably be able to do a reasonable custom job. Dremmel being a necessity.

There are other options, 170 is the cheapest I've seen though. The one I've actually had my eye on is by Metra. Mostly because it gives the option of mounting the radio top or bottom. Up top it's easily accessible, below the shifter gets in the way.

I hate the the way my car sounds, but I have a feeling just replacing the speakers isn't going to be enough. Until I can replace the head unit, it's probably not going to get much better.

As another option, which I am doing...

iDatalink Maestro PN: Kit-Mus1
Maestro ADS-MRR interface

Get these and a Maestro compatible double din head unit. You wont have such a funky looking double din conversion radio plate and have controls to things on your new head unit.