Upgrading to SN95 steering rack

• Sponsors (?)

I am finally doing the rack on my ‘87 GT. It seems to bind every once and a while at low speed when turning and steering just doesn’t feel right. I’ve put so much money into building a 500hp street car to not feel confident in how it steers seems foolish. I bought an entire set up from Flaming River which includes a brand new rack as well as everything I need to make it work in the car and mate up with the factory PS pump. Think the kit includes tie rod ends, steering shaft, etc. Cost me $1400 which sounds like a lot, but the way I look at it is the system that’s in there is 35 years old, except for the pump which I changed a couple years ago, so it owes me nothing and steering is a pretty important part required to safely drive the car. I’ve done some research and the Flaming River stuff seems to be well regarded. We will see. It’s going in this spring. Will update at that time.

Reactions: 1 users
I purchased a wrecking yard rack from an 03 to upgrade my 83.. After taking it apart to clean it, I found it was leaking.... I already have the MM hybrid shaft so I am going to suck it up and send it to Turn one for HOPEFULLY a quality rebuild.. They will install the new parts I am sending along with the rack...... new bellows, the 83 tie rod ends and I included some new SS lines I purchased...... They will install all of these included in the price.. They need the tie rod ends to check for leaks after the rebuild..

Reactions: 1 users