UPR Products: The Truth & The Myths

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
It hear a lot about UPR, both good and bad. Some hate UPR, other love UPR, lots of rumors out there, but lets get the facts out there. Some people have issues with them, but anymore issues than many other companies? So who has experience with UPR, good or bad, and can give some real facts about these products.

• Sponsors (?)

I bought the 3pc clutch quadrant, firewall adjuster, and cable from UPR and for the money.....I couldn't find a better deal. The fit and finish was great and no issues at this point.

Bump

4 - 0 UPR, Lets keep em comming!!!!!!!

A buddy of mine got the UPR upper and lower control arms, and thier K-member kit. I kept staring at the K-member. I really checked it out on the lift and think it looks really good.

So anything negative towards UPR.

I have the UPR CAI and it works fine.. nice finish and fit.

I also have the UPR Off-Road X. I havent installed it yet, but from the looks of it, it looks like it's a good quality product for a good price

I have UPR upper and lower control arms and torque box reinforcements. I think the quality is great. I had some question as to the installation of the uppers (they are radius rod style, not horseshoe style), and they came with no directions.

I called looking for customer service and didn't get what I thought was good support. Later on, a shop I was in questioned me about how they installed and then called UPR and got a different answer. I reinstalled them the otherway and I think they are ok now.

Other than that -- no complaints at all. I suppose it could have been a fluke thing that I got the wrong answer, but I don't really know.

I have their billet e-brake handle and it was an okay piece, but I'm not running it anymore because it kinda interfered with the operation of the e-brake. I also have their subframe connectors, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. When I ordered them off UPR's website, they charged me $30 extra bucks for 2nd day shipping, when I *specifically* requested regular 7-day. When I got them and took them to my buddy's shop to have them welded on, they had to have the powdercoat ground off for the welds (probably normal) and needed severe clearancing to fit the curves of the car (BFH and a jack). They do their job, but I could've gotten Maximum Motorsports SFC's for the price that UPR charged me, and they would've fit a lot better. I'm reluctant to order anything else from them.

Brian

If you really want the scoop on that company, you'll have to search a site like the corral. There has been QUITE a bit of debate on this company. The biggest claim in their tendency to copy exact other products.

I will say I've bought multiple quadrant kits from them without issues.

the three hook quadrant is unnecessary and kind of lousy, and the single hook quadrant tend to be better, but, from my experience, they seem reliable.

Okay, this may be the dumbest question ever, but what is their web address. I've never used anything from them and I'd like to check em out.