• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

urethane or rubber engine mounts

  • Thread starter Thread starter 89_LX
  • Start date Start date Feb 2, 2008

89_LX

Member
Sep 16, 2007
63
0
17
Bellingham, WA
Feb 2, 2008
#1
  • Feb 2, 2008
  • #1
recently removed my 5.0 and it is need of new mounts just wondering from anyone who has tried urethane mounts how bad the vibration and noise is compared to stock im leaning towards urethane just as long as the vibration isnt unbearably annoying
 

87foxstang

Member
May 10, 2007
0
0
16
Cromwell, CT
Feb 2, 2008
#2
  • Feb 2, 2008
  • #2
I have the urethane motor and tranny mounts and love them. My stock ones were ready to fall off they were so bad, so the new ones seem awesome. I notice no vibrations or noise. I would highly recommend them
 

ill advised

Member
Apr 29, 2003
656
10
19
West L.A.
Feb 3, 2008
#3
  • Feb 3, 2008
  • #3
I like the urethane mounts. I have them on my '90, along with a urethane tranny mount. I've been running them for so long I can't remember how the car felt with stockers. I definitley don't think you will be disappointed. There's no excessive vibration. I also ran solid mounts for a short while. I might as well had been sitting on the engine. lol
 

89_LX

Member
Sep 16, 2007
63
0
17
Bellingham, WA
Feb 3, 2008
#4
  • Feb 3, 2008
  • #4
thanks for the info! i was hoping the urethane mounts werent too bad
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,327
18,051
224
Massachusetts
Feb 3, 2008
#5
  • Feb 3, 2008
  • #5
Whatever mounts you get, i would change all 3 mounts with them at the same time. The engine mounts and the trans mount since our drivelines use a 3-point mounting system.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

L
95 gt engine vibration
  • lenzgt
  • May 11, 2026
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
6
Views
306
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech May 26, 2026
lenzgt
L
S
Car shakes when taking off help???
  • STANKYstangs
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
434
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 27, 2026
LILCBRA
B
Issue with trans mount not lining up with crossmember slots
  • Bbaker2317
  • Mar 16, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
921
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 20, 2025
limp
S
Drivetrain 8.8 Pinion and 302 rear main seal leaks after replacing. 93 5.0 with t-5
  • Steigy4827
  • Jun 23, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
775
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 1, 2026
Steigy4827
S
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
343
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?