Used Procharger. Is This A Good Deal?

• Sponsors (?)

No problem. It also sounds like he didnt even use it which isnt a good thing either. Back when I started getting into this stuff I bought a used S trim off the corral for $1500. Came with everything needed. Only problem is the blower was louder then it was supposed to be so off it went to vortech. Turns out it was junk. Point is just be careful what your buying used.

No problem. It also sounds like he didnt even use it which isnt a good thing either. Back when I started getting into this stuff I bought a used S trim off the corral for $1500. Came with everything needed. Only problem is the blower was louder then it was supposed to be so off it went to vortech. Turns out it was junk. Point is just be careful what your buying used.
Yeah I kinda think I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy a new v3 kit. Spend a little more but at least it'd be new

Walk away pal. When you see stuff like that and in the add the seller is already telling you " needs this, needs that" that should throw up huge red flags.

I know I am repeating myself but it is worth saying again. On items like blowers, heads, engines- anything with moving parts- unless you know the seller or can physically inspect the item be very careful. Too often you are buying either broken, well worn (abused), incomplete, or worse stolen items.

On any used blower before you even consider buying it, get the serial number and see if it has ever been serviced. Get pictures of the housing, impelller and all the pieces the seller says comes with it. Ask for his receipt of purchase. Assume that it will need a service unless the serial reflects it was recently done- and then ask yourself why is he selling it? Did he lunch the head units? Is he changing setups? If I had a dollar for every low mile, no shaft wobble, I just tested the unit used supercharger for sale I'd be a millionare. lol

There are deals out there, but there are more nightmares if you ask me.

Reactions: 1 user
Walk away pal. When you see stuff like that and in the add the seller is already telling you " needs this, needs that" that should throw up huge red flags.

I know I am repeating myself but it is worth saying again. On items like blowers, heads, engines- anything with moving parts- unless you know the seller or can physically inspect the item be very careful. Too often you are buying either broken, well worn (abused), incomplete, or worse stolen items.

On any used blower before you even consider buying it, get the serial number and see if it has ever been serviced. Get pictures of the housing, impelller and all the pieces the seller says comes with it. Ask for his receipt of purchase. Assume that it will need a service unless the serial reflects it was recently done- and then ask yourself why is he selling it? Did he lunch the head units? Is he changing setups? If I had a dollar for every low mile, no shaft wobble, I just tested the unit used supercharger for sale I'd be a millionare. lol

There are deals out there, but there are more nightmares if you ask me.
Yeah man I just can't do it. I've searched a little used and I didnt see any really good deals and also I don't have the extra $ incase stuff goes wrong. I got more time than money.

In my opinion the brand plays a huge factor. Powerdyne would be the least reliable and if lasted for a few years your are lucky. Prochargers seem to tear seals up and have issues in my opinion much sooner than the Vortech units. FWIW I recently met a guy with an A trim Vortech serial number 4 and it's still kicking. With proper care and lubrication these things can last a long time. But as the others have said beware of used blowers because you have no idea how hard they have been run.

Reactions: 1 user