Useless suspension mods???

mac9898

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2002
Minneapolis
Lets try this again

I have a stock 99GT.
I am going to put H&R springs in,
and thinking about the Tokico 5 way adjustable shocks/struts.

The car only have 29K miles, and I only put
on about 5K a year. I will problably only go to
the track a couple times a year. This isn't my
daily driver.
Do I need to do the Tokico's?
Would they be over kill for my usage?
Do I also need caster/camber plates?

Thanks, Mac

• Sponsors (?)

Those springs create quite a bit of a drop, about 2" if I'm not mistakened. You will need C/C plates. As for dampeners, if you are going to drive the car on a road course, then adjustable shocks would be nice and the Tokico's are not terribly expensive.

My suspension mods are the best thing I did for my GT. I should have driven the car straight from the dealership to my speedshop to have it done instead of waiting 9 months. Also, str8pimp’n is right, those springs are going to drop you more than 1.5” so you will need the CC plates. You are looking at some high quality parts – trust me, you won’t be disappointed! :nice:

Depends on if your going with supersports or sport springs... sport springs only put like a 1.6" drop and the ride an handling is incredible, I would recommend the sport springs... actually your other best thing for suspension is upper and lower control arms, I got mine off ebay for $185, granatelli upper and lowers, and definetely get those shocks/struts, you will be so happy you did :)

Subframes are going to stiffen your chassis up NOTICEABLY. By noticeably I mean that even the stock suspension will feel like it's got some balls to it. :drool:

Don't eliminate, do it all. :nice: But if it's a toss up between something like control arms and subframes, I pick subframes.

90 percent chance you will not need CC plates with the H&R sport springs. They only lower the car 1.6" front & 1.5" rear. If you went with the super sport springs with the additional drop it would be much more liklely you would need them.