• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Using Intake Spacers

  • Thread starter Thread starter dz01
  • Start date Start date Aug 20, 2014

dz01

Member
Mar 31, 2005
285
10
19
Massachusetts
Aug 20, 2014
#1
  • Aug 20, 2014
  • #1
My car is largely driven on weekends and mainly stock minus air intake, headers, exhaust etc. I do have a performance trickflow intake, BBK TB and MAF that I haven't installed yet. I noticed my car has an intake spacer the previous owner installed. I'm assuming with my current setup this is not needed nor has any noticeable performance. Any thoughts on this? I'd prefer to pull it off. I have next to no hood clearance right now. I also have to replace my intake and gasket anyway.
 

Gearbanger 101

Straight Outta Locash
20+ Year Stangneter
Aug 10, 2002
9,457
1,377
234
Ontario, Canada
Aug 21, 2014
#2
  • Aug 21, 2014
  • #2
Go ahead and yank it. Intake spacers IMO are only good for adding clearance to your intake to install a set of taller valve covers. Otherwise, their benefits are zilch.

Depending how thick the spacer is though, you'll likely need to find yourself some new stock length upper intake bolts to match.
 

Onefine88

Previously 89SSC18
10 Year Member
Aug 3, 2006
1,422
796
154
Aug 21, 2014
#3
  • Aug 21, 2014
  • #3
I have a 1/2" spacer under the Systemax. "Just because"
 

madspeed

Colonel Mustard
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
8,913
1,332
204
a van down by the river
Aug 21, 2014
#4
  • Aug 21, 2014
  • #4
hey @dz01 , nice avatar, I just watched that movie yesterday!
 

Gearbanger 101

Straight Outta Locash
20+ Year Stangneter
Aug 10, 2002
9,457
1,377
234
Ontario, Canada
Aug 21, 2014
#5
  • Aug 21, 2014
  • #5
madspeed said:
hey @dz01 , nice avatar, I just watched that movie yesterday!
Click to expand...

Not for the first time I hope?
 

dz01

Member
Mar 31, 2005
285
10
19
Massachusetts
Aug 21, 2014
#6
  • Aug 21, 2014
  • #6
Thanks guys. I do have the factory bolts that I got with a box of parts from the previous owner.

Thanks- named my kid Wade (although my wife swears it's not because of Wade Garrett, the legendary Cooler!)
 

madspeed

Colonel Mustard
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
8,913
1,332
204
a van down by the river
Aug 21, 2014
#7
  • Aug 21, 2014
  • #7
Gearbanger 101 said:
Not for the first time I hope?
Click to expand...


 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Engine Catch Can or not?
  • R82148V
  • Mar 4, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
9
Views
425
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Mar 6, 2026
ctandc
C
K
Digital Tuning Going heads/cam/intake. Do I need a tune?
  • karhoot
  • May 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
41
Views
995
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 14, 2026
karhoot
K
Engine Looking for suggestions and or ideas
  • PonyGTrider
  • Aug 25, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
492
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 7, 2026
PonyGTrider
J
Intake
  • James S
  • Jul 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
272
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 12, 2026
James S
J
I
Engine Help requested in identifying how to resolve engine light issue
  • Ianslaney
  • Oct 4, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
77
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Oct 4, 2026
Bullitt347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?