Vacuum Line

rotorhead22

Dec 17, 2020
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I have a 1989 LX with a broken vacuum line that I cannot figure out where the other end goes. It is part of the A/C system and I have looked at several diagrams however I just dont see where it connects to.
VAC.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Bear with me, because it's been years since i have owned a Fox. There should be a black line that comes out through the firewall right around where the AC gas lines go through.

Kurt

It runs out to the fender where there is a small vaccum ball. It holds a vacuum reserve for the HVAC so your vent settings don’t randomly change as you lose vacuum at WOT
C68A2A1C-7699-4680-AAF7-82CEBC5726B0.jpeg

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 4 users
how do you have your EGR lines running and the evr I think it's called on the strut tower

My current setup is not really factory OEM, so showing pics would be confusing.

It’s rather simple though. Your source is one of the hard nipples on the vac tree in the backside of the intake manifold. That line runs over to the EVR and then you run a line back to the EGr.

Supply the EVR with pure vacuum and then it regulates the vacuum to the egr as needed. Nothing complex and it’s separate from other systems

Reactions: 1 user
My current setup is not really factory OEM, so showing pics would be confusing.

It’s rather simple though. Your source is one of the hard nipples on the vac tree in the backside of the intake manifold. That line runs over to the EVR and then you run a line back to the EGr.

Supply the EVR with pure vacuum and then it regulates the vacuum to the egr as needed. Nothing complex and it’s separate from other systems
I pulled my lines off thinking the EGR went with the smog system it's my first mustang and to many YouTube videos it was running fine till I touched it now it idles horrible and at wot u feel it buck as u go faster just tiny ones nothing crazy my issue is the 2 lines coming out the bottom of the strut I know ones for HVAC my heater core is bypassed and ac don't work will that make my engine bay hotter with the heater core bypassed also sorry I get off track