Valve Body Help

JJFIVEOH

Jun 10, 2003
Boca Raton, FL
I need a little help from people with valve body experience in C6's. Currently I have a TCI #421000 valve body in mine but it is not 100% manual control. Here's a couple of things I don't like about this VB.

1. When downshifting, it will not go back into 1st gear completely unless I shift into neutral and back into 1st.
2. When driving around the pits in 1st gear, the tranny comes out of 1st and coasts in neutral until I give it throttle again, and it will repeat this every time I let off the gas.
3. After a run, unless I put the tranny back into neutral, it will not go completely back into any gear and feels as if I'm burning up the clutches. ie, if I give it throttle, it feels as if it is in gear, but something is holding it back. After 2 weeks of running it like this, the tranny was disassembled and the clutched were burnt.

According to TCI, this is the way their VB's are setup, at least this unit is.

My previous valve body, I assume, was an OEM unit that was modified to be full manual. I assume so because it was a forward pattern, typical full manual VB's are all reverse as far as I have seen. What I did like about this VB was the fact that I had complete control over every gear no matter what speed I was going; it also never came out of gear. It was in whatever gear I wanted 100% and 100% of the time.

My question(s) are: what do you all recommend for a replacement for this TCI unit? Does anybody use a VB similar to the OEM unit I had except for reverse pattern? Who makes a reverse pattern VB that will give me complete control over the trans like I had with the OEM unit? Recommendations?

http://www.compperformancegroupstores.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TC&Product_Code=421000

I wasn't quite sure what tech section to put this thread in since this is for a 1993 Mustang with a trans not normally used in this model car. So, sorry if this is the wrong section. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

• Sponsors (?)