• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Valve cover question...

  • Thread starter Thread starter SadbutTrue
  • Start date Start date Apr 29, 2008

SadbutTrue

Founding Member
May 1, 2002
2,391
4
49
Thousand Oaks, California
Apr 29, 2008
#1
  • Apr 29, 2008
  • #1
Does anyone know if someone makes the 'Powered by Ford' type valve covers in chrome that are high enough to accept roller rockers?

I love the look of the stockers, love the look of chrome valve covers, and have roller rockers. Can I get the best of all worlds?
 

65ShelbyClone

Founding Member
Sep 9, 2000
4,675
38
119
Antelope Valley, SoCal
Apr 29, 2008
#2
  • Apr 29, 2008
  • #2
I was just thinking that something like that would look cool on my old man's 390. ^ Bump for interest.
 
D

D.Hearne

New Member
Sep 29, 2000
11,730
6
0
south louisiana
Apr 29, 2008
#3
  • Apr 29, 2008
  • #3
Yea they make repops, but aren't quite tall enough to clear the oil baffles. I bought a set from LA Mustang last X-mas. The only contact point with em on my Canfield heads and 1.7 rockers were the baffles. I wasn't ready to comit to dimpling the baffles, so I bought a set of chrome Moroso steel covers that do clear the rockers. These are plain topped, & look like the factory covers. Cost me about $50 thru Summit. You can look up the part numbers on Moroso's sits and order thru Summit. You can see the ones I bought here: http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/baddad457/
 

SadbutTrue

Founding Member
May 1, 2002
2,391
4
49
Thousand Oaks, California
Apr 29, 2008
#4
  • Apr 29, 2008
  • #4
Actually, I already have a set of valve covers that look a lot like that (not baffled though... you may remember you helped me solve a problem with that a few years ago where I'd burn oil every time i gave it gas...).

I'm actually looking for something that looks just like that, except with 'Powered by Ford' stamped in it (like the stock ones). I've always thought that'd be badass, but I'm probably asking too much.
 

69gmachine

Member
Dec 2, 2004
576
2
19
Southern Maryland
Apr 29, 2008
#5
  • Apr 29, 2008
  • #5
I made my own spacers using the flange from an aluminum vc under the chrome Power by Ford re-pops. I'm running Comp steel magnum rollers and the poly locks clear the baffles with just that little bit of spacer. They're pretty hard to see once installed.
 
6

65kcode

Member
Mar 31, 2007
73
0
6
Deer Park, WA
Apr 29, 2008
#6
  • Apr 29, 2008
  • #6
Try 2 gaskets??

My dad wanted the stock Hipo covers on his car, but it had rollers on it. He added another cork gasket (total of 2, one on top of another) and it cleared. Can't even tell there are 2 gaskets and it doesn't leak any oil. Might try that.

Kevin
 
6

66HertzClone

New Member
Aug 24, 2004
428
0
0
Central New Jersey
Apr 30, 2008
#7
  • Apr 30, 2008
  • #7
Branda sells a spacer so the lower covers will clear.
 

woodsnake

15 Year Member
Jan 16, 2007
1,352
15
69
Hicksville, NY
Apr 30, 2008
#8
  • Apr 30, 2008
  • #8
I think I've seen similar items for less, but I can't think of where....

http://store.cobranda.com/smblvacospot.html
 
D

D.Hearne

New Member
Sep 29, 2000
11,730
6
0
south louisiana
Apr 30, 2008
#9
  • Apr 30, 2008
  • #9
Summit stocks two or three spacers, but they're still over a hundred bucks a pair. And really too tall for the little clearance needed. If someone made 1/4 to 1/2 spacers , I'd buy em. I just don't need or want a spacer that's over an inch tall to gain a 1/4" clearance.
 

SadbutTrue

Founding Member
May 1, 2002
2,391
4
49
Thousand Oaks, California
May 1, 2008
#10
  • May 1, 2008
  • #10
jeez those spacer prices are ridiculous. wonder how hard it would be to make my own...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
S
Holley High-ram tuning settings
  • spencergt66
  • Apr 1, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
  • 2
Replies
28
Views
964
Digital Self-tuning Forum Jun 19, 2026
spencergt66
S
J
Valve cover leak
  • joetiii
  • May 13, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
352
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 14, 2025
General karthief
Quick question about water pump / timing chain cover
  • D Durden
  • Oct 22, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
278
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Nov 6, 2025
GOvert
G
Any 1 find any decent blackfriday sales for Foxbody or car stuff?
  • rednotch
  • Nov 29, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
18
Views
882
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Dec 19, 2025
rednotch
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?