varpor valves on gas tank

wayneo856

Aug 18, 2020
fl
ok i have a 2000 mustang and the tank was leaking and rusted inside..so i get a new one..... soooo the smaller blue valve u can get on line or any auto store. the bigger one has been discontinued by ford ( isnt that nice of them)......there's no info on after maket ones so can i block that hole ... the bigger valve broke as i was trying to take it out actually i had to push it in the rank.... they sell new tanks but not all the parts

• Sponsors (?)

ok i have a 2000 mustang and the tank was leaking and rusted inside..so i get a new one..... soooo the smaller blue valve u can get on line or any auto store. the bigger one has been discontinued by ford ( isnt that nice of them)......there's no info on after maket ones so can i block that hole ... the bigger valve broke as i was trying to take it out actually i had to push it in the rank.... they sell new tanks but not all the parts

I think this is what you are looking for?

ok im not sure what the part is, a vapor valve or a gas pressure valve. i have the small one i need the larger one with the 2 vent tubes trying to take it out cause i have new tank and it broke.. ford dealer says they discontinued that part....but they still new tanks ?why if you can't use it after u buy it i guess most people know how to remove these i can get a used tank at a salvage yard ..

Attachments

• s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 256
  • s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 208
The only thing I see that is close is the Dorman part I listed previously. Plainly, the picture isn't a match, but manufacturers do not always take a picture of every part, so what comes in the box may be what you need. Given that there do not appear to be other options, I'd order that to see if it is a match...if not, take it back.

ok so i call ford again and get the part number google it and holy moly i found it ..same part but if listed for a different car so why didnt they say that so if u guys need this part its 9B190aa 55.00 at napa

Reactions: 1 user
ok so i call ford again and get the part number google it and holy moly i found it ..same part but if listed for a different car so why didnt they say that so if u guys need this part its 9B190aa 55.00 at napa

Auto parts is like any other profession...there are real auto parts folks who've spent the time to learn the trade and look at the parts to understand how an automobile works, and, compatibility and interchangeable pieces should the need arise...and there are those who can look a part up most of the time, but do not have the experience or feel the need to know anything beyond the computer screen (or parts book in the bad old days) before them. Glad you found it.

Did this part work for you? I had also bought this part for my car, and whenever I try to put it in the tank. im able to just pull it right back out. it isnt sealing it at all and it causes me to get an error code.

In fact, it pulls out on its own everytime i try putting gas in it. causing gas to leak out all on the ground. Even tried using Seal all and gasket maker to glue it down and in place, with no luck.