Verry annoying problem.........little help please.

Common

Jan 13, 2008
I don't even know whether to call it a problem or am I just neat freak.

My drivers side mirror looks like it shakes a little more than the passengers does, while driving. It is verry annoying looking in a mirror that looks like it has Parkinson's and trying to enjoy your ride while merging or switching lanes.

I tried moving all the way to the left and right, nothing worked.

Could it be that it's just me or all of them are like this, or must I take it appart and see what is loose?
Update: I went ahead and tightened these two, just incase, still no luck, it shakes.
0215081643.jpg

Now, this seems to be the glass itself having some "loseness" issues, how the hell does one go about taking care of it, it seems at it completely enclosed. Do I need to buy the mirror assembly just for this pesky problem?
Speaker cover seems to be not coming out easy either, safest way to pop it is?
0215081643a.jpg

How do you go inside and see what is loose, it seems like it's enclosed and there is no way to get behind the mirror really?

Thank you for your time.

• Sponsors (?)

my replacement mirror does that..drives me nutts..the speaker cover just slide off,,thier is a small amount of glue holding it.i dont have my old one too see how 1 would tighten the glass.i cant put my life on it but i think the mirror is glued to a plate of so sort thatis controled by the power motor..on mine the glass feels loose but im scared to just pull it off.im going to try puttingsticky felt pad to the inside so it holds it still,ive tryed paper and that did work but only till it fell out.i think i brought mine from mt.laural mustangs.if was a ford oem part and half the price the dealer wanted,but they only come flat black and the cobras are color coated,my car is black so if i didnt tell u too look at the otherside u would never know.but for the price of painting 1 maybe 2 black ones would look good on a white cobra

I had the same problem and just ordered a new one from ebay for $25 shipped. Its been on the car for 6 months and workks great!