Very Close To Loosing My Mind And Patience!!!

I installed a Cobra Intake in my sons '89 GT. Everything went smoothly so I thought. Finished the swap, changed the oil, set the timing at 12 deg. Today I took it out for a test drive and it seems that the friggin car has half the power now that it had with the stock intake!!!!Is there something that I overlooked or something im missing. I'm *old skool* all this EFI stuff is new to me, I thought I would give it a try but I'm this close to converting this thing to carb like my '92...Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah check for any vac leaks, or poor fitting PCV valve. Pull the codes to see if anything is indicated there...like maybe a bad injector conncetion, or a sensor that didn't take well to being transplanted. Check TPS setting for anything between .8 and .99v , if it's not between those two readings adjust it. Just some thoughts..I would very much be looking for a vac leak though.

Something definately went haywire. Check for vacuum leaks, check timing is correct, check fuel pressure, check that you got the ACT and ECT connected, check the TPS setting at idle and WOT. It is most likely fuel or spark.

Did you mark the distributor when you removed it and put it back in the exact same place? If not I bet your timing is off. Put the balancer to TDC and then see if the rotor is pointing to the #1 cylinder on the cap.

I would suspect either something didn't get plugged in, a wire got broken, or the timing being off. A vacuum leak would show up mostly durring idle, there wouldnt' be that much of a problem at WOT.