Vibration at speeds of 90+!! Need help!!

Silver95Stint

Oct 28, 2003
England
It's been going on for a long time now. I replaced my U-joints and my harmonic balancer and that took away alot of the problem. I had my D/S pulled before I had even replaced the balancer and the U-joints, and there was not problem with it. Anyway I was just wondering what would be the best thing to do to remedy this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciatd. Also this problem was noticed before I had my 3.73's installed. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

OK my first question is the car lowered? 2nd question original tranny? the reason i ask is i did both of those and it really screwed up myD/S angle. there's alot of variables have you had your wheels balanced lately. have you checked wheel bearings? I cured most if not all the problem with an frpp aluminum D/S and having the tranny shimmed.

No the car is not lowered and it is the original tranny. Yeah I was figuring it would be the D/S but like I said I had it looked at and there wasn't any significant problems that would cuz the type of vibrating I was talking bout. I even had somebody look at the Tranny mounts and the engine mounts and there was no problem there either. Oh yeah what does it mean to have your tranny shimmed? Thanks for the reply.

well my OE tranny blew up and i had to put in a 3550 it's output shaft area sits lower than a T5 allegedly plus the exhaust bracket didn't go back in because it wouldn't so i lost 1/8 to 1/4 height there. what b95gt says is also a possibility.

Naw it happened before the gears. I went over a speed bump and it knocked my harmonic balancer loose. I got it fixed and most of the vibrating was gone, but it never completely went away. Should an Aluminum D/S fix this problem?

a friend of mine has a 92 5.0, it handles great but at high speeds shakes like crazy, everything shakes, its like an earthquake in the car. maybe your having the same problem cause of there closeness in design? just a guess