VT cam guys....3 questions..??

First off I was wondering how people made over 300rwhp and second how much power from peak to peak you made and the last question...How much did it drop you in the 1/4 or 1/8th....... I just ordered a set of VT stage II' with some comp springs and was wondering what the result should be.....car currently puts down 264rwhp and 304ftlbs of torque through a 4R70W
and runs 12.95 to 13.05 at 103-104! Just ran a 13.03 at 104 last night at Darlington Dragway in 90 deg weather...Got all the boltons..... heres the list...

ENGINE:
- STOCK 4.6L SOHC MOTOR
- AFM 4" POWER PIPE/ K&N FILTER
- BBK 75MM THROTTLE BODY
- BBK UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS
- BBK 1 5/8 LONG TUBE CERAMIC HEADERS
- C&L 85MM MASS AIR CALIBRATED FOR 24LBS INJECTORS
- SVT 24LB INJECTORS
- CUSTOM SCT DYNO TUNE (264RWHP/304RWTQ)
- MEIZURE ELECTRIC WATER PUMP
- PLASMA BOOSTER IGNITION
- ACCUFAB PLENUM
- 1/2IN PHANOLIC INTAKE SPACER
- 2.5IN EXHAUST WITH FLOWMASTER AND CUSTOM X-PIPE
- AEM'S WIDEBAND UEGO CONTROLLER
- BBK TIMING ADJUSTER
- STEEDA CATCH CAN
- 180 DEG POWER STAT
- STEEDA 190LPH FUEL PUMP (BOSH)
- STEEDA HIGH FLOW FUEL FILTER

DRIVETRAIN:
- AODE 4R70W TRANSMISSION
- TRANSGO SHIFT KIT
- 410 GEARS
- 3200 PI TORQUE CONVERTER
- RACE CONCEPTS SLOTTED/DRILLED ROTORS
- HAWK PERFORMANCE BRAKE PADS
- FRPP ALUMINUM DRIVE SHAFT
- FRPP FRONT C SPRINGS
- STEEDA ALUMINUM LCA’S

INTERIOR:
- CUSTOM PAINTED INSERTS
- YMR REAR SEAT DELETE KIT
- X2C FRONT RACING SEATS

EXTERIOR:
- EAGLE 17X9 ALUMINUM RIMS
- MT DR'S (27540R17 OUT BACK)
- FUTURA (24540R17 UP FRONT)

FUTURE MODS:
- TYPHOON LOWER INTAKE - LEVEL II 4R70W
- VT STAGE II CAMS - 75-90 SHOT
- COBRA R HOOD

"ED"

• Sponsors (?)

I dont have the cams (they're on the to do list lol) But from observing other people's results, you should be over 300 hp easily with the cam swap...
I'm jealous :D

Well with VT stg 1 cams I am VERY close to 300RWHP...292. Had I went STG 2s, I would have made over 300.
For you, I think you will put down mid 290s....its VERY VERY hard to get 300RWHP with stock heads through an auto.

JUST the cams/JLT/75MM TB put me from a 13.58 @ 100.29 (1.90 60')to a 13.30 @ 104.X (2.0X 60'). I gained a good 4MPH.

Added LTs/K member/UD pulleys/windage trey/15 DRs/pulled spare and downed that to a 12.79 @ 108.8.

Good luck and let us know what it runs....I expect it to go 12.5s @ 108-109.

I've had my VT Stage 2's and manley valvesprings on order since the 27th of last month, so hopefully they ship out soon.. i'm getting VVEERRYYY antsy about the whole thing.

I dynoed at 259rwhp and 302 rwtq (5-spd) with 75mm tb/plenum, o/r prochamber, weld-in flowmasters, mac straight shot, steeda u/d pulleys, and steeda timing adjuster.. No LT's for me tho :(

I hope I hit 285-290rwhp :D

I'm aiming low, that way if it's not that great of gains (due to no headers) I won't be disappointed haha

I am being optimistic with my set up but I think I could hit about 305hp.......If you all havn't got the AMF power pipe yet I really suggest it! I put down another 11rwhp over the bbk and 14ftlbs of tq! I did a mild port to the accufab plenum and spacer to match every thing up nicely......I also got on order a typhoon intake so we will see where that takes me! everybody including my tuner said my car for an auto dynos extreemely well! It only has a 3200 pi stall and transgo shift kit and lays down 1.7 60's all day! My goal is to hit 12.20's on motor before I tear into the engine......with a little more suspension work it should be good!...Just hope I can hit it!

"ED"

<-- vt cams girl :)

my setup... (5 speed tranny)

VT Stage 2 N/A Cams
Manley Nextek 2v Valvesprings
Steeda Sport Springs
Steeda Cold Air Intake
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
Steeda Cat-back
SLP Short O/R X-pipe
SLP Ceramic Longtube Headers
Accufab 75mm Throttle Body and Plenum
SCT Xcalibrator 2 tuned by DynoSpeed Racing
FRPP 4.10 Gears

my results.. 296 rwhp / 310 rwtq. i think you should hit or get VERY close to 300rwhp

you should be very close. I have seen 25hp from those cams.

the problem is you heads run out of flow and the stock intake roll off effeciency wise at high rpm where the cams are going to make the best power gains. also the auto costs you some on the dyno.

you should be very close. I can't see any way you would not be at 295 hp at min if that 264 was a repeatable number. I ahve never seen anybody get less than 20hp from the cams.

oh yeah between my dyno tests I gained 26rwhp by adding the cams, 4.10 gears, and u/d pulleys.. i gained 45rwhp at 6k rpms :) your top end is gonna be unbelievable when you're done lol

Yeah t is gonna be real hard to get over 300 without heads or intake.. maybe both with an auto.

I have heads and cams.. althouth they are not VT (my dumb mistake) and I make 292 rwhp. I have no intake mods either thour. I think the plenum, TB and maybe a CAI would have put me over.

hognutz said:
you should be very close. I have seen 25hp from those cams.

the problem is you heads run out of flow and the stock intake roll off effeciency wise at high rpm where the cams are going to make the best power gains. also the auto costs you some on the dyno.

you should be very close. I can't see any way you would not be at 295 hp at min if that 264 was a repeatable number. I ahve never seen anybody get less than 20hp from the cams.

Well I just dynoed about a week and 1/2 ago and it put down 260.5 and 296.7 TQ and that was in 89 deg weather....about 30 deg hotter than the last time I dynoed....So its still really close.......my main goal is to just pick up 6-7 tenths at the track..... 12.50's and below should be where I am estimateing. The car Weighs 3350 with me in it right now!

"ED"

Yellow2002GT said:
Well I just dynoed about a week and 1/2 ago and it put down 260.5 and 296.7 TQ and that was in 89 deg weather....about 30 deg hotter than the last time I dynoed....So its still really close.......my main goal is to just pick up 6-7 tenths at the track..... 12.50's and below should be where I am estimateing. The car Weighs 3350 with me in it right now!

"ED"
were your numbers SAE corrected when you dynoed in the hot weather? Because it'll add the horsepower back that you lost if so

Yellow2002GT said:

"ED"
You eihter have done some weight reduction or you a skinny mofo. My car scales at 3550 with me in it. Sitting on the convo pro's. :(
get the intake and let us know what you think of it. :D

BooWFO said:
You eihter have done some weight reduction or you a skinny mofo. My car scales at 3550 with me in it. Sitting on the convo pro's. :(
get the intake and let us know what you think of it. :D

Yea......I'm not skinny by any means....lol 200lbs...! But my car is on a diet....I ditched the seats and got some X2C motorsports racing seats! They only weight about 7-8 lbs a peice which took well over 110lbs off the car and I have the YMR rear seat delete kit too...saved about 44 lbs! Ditched the front sway bar and put for c springs on the front....saved another 25-30 lbs.....have steeda aluminum LCA's and removed the quad shocks....another 20-25 lbs there......removed the front bumper insert....about 10 lbs....FRPP aluminum D/S and removed stock D/S balancer aobut 20 lbs there......Overall the car weighed 3418 lbs by itself from the factory and now weighs 3350 with me in it! After the cam install I will get the k-member/ arms with coil overs up front another (60-70 lbs)and a fiberglass cobra R hood 20lbs lighter than factory hood! Well I did the math and It look like I lossed about 268 lbs off the car soo far and with the k-member swap and hood I should be down around 3250 with me in it! Should have this done before August....want to start running in the fun ford program!

"ED"