Want a V8

Sage427 said:
IMO theres not much "honor and glory" (i know I sound like a Klingon at this point) in using a V8 to "shame" a 2.4L!

Well...the import view is to use technology to replace displacement. I'd prefer to put all the same technology on an 8, rape them, and prove there's still no replacement for displacement when all other things are even.
I've got some friends with turbo 5.0's and after talking to them my roommate wants to do a turbo 302 in his '66 :rlaugh: . It's gonna be crazy trying to get everything to work right.

• Sponsors (?)

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Well...the import view is to use technology to replace displacement. I'd prefer to put all the same technology on an 8, rape them, and prove there's still no replacement for displacement when all other things are even.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you '66. When built right, some V8's don't even need a forced induction application to rival other technologies. but when using power adders, they really expose the V8 for the power they can have.

One reason why I suggested a S/C'd 3.8L is to make the statement to the "import forced induction community" that "yeah so what you have a 2.4L turbo, I have a 3.8L S/C and I can still whoop that @$$ and still be in the same "class" category as you! :D

that 302 turbo will be one mean setup! :nice:

Sage427 said:
I agree with you '66. When built right, some V8's don't even need a forced induction application to rival other technologies. but when using power adders, they really expose the V8 for the power they can have.

One reason why I suggested a S/C'd 3.8L is to make the statement to the "import forced induction community" that "yeah so what you have a 2.4L turbo, I have a 3.8L S/C and I can still whoop that @$$ and still be in the same "class" category as you! :D

that 302 turbo will be one mean setup! :nice:

I wanna get a S/C from Procharger... but i'd rather wait a little bit to see how much fluxuating gas prices are gunna do (6$ in Georgia) and I still want to get some kind of Project car

trock said:
you can go with a 302 if you want to but if i were you i would just go all out and put a 347 stroker or somethin of that sort in it. what you really need it to drop a 429 super cobra jet in it though;)

I am actually the crazy one that is going to drop the 429/460 SCJ in my pony :D :nice: :flag: in about 2 or 3 years from now (saving up the money and carefully planning the components as of now) Though my original project was going to consist of a Boss 429 :hail2: but i didn't realize how rare they are to find. :shrug:

worked v6, did you also say at one point that you have a 4.11 rear end gear ratio? I was wondering how it affects your 5th gear cruising rev's? b/c I would also suggest a T56 6pd tranny with those 4.11's for fun :) you'd probably be luv'n life with a S/C teamed with that setup.

worked v6 said:
I measured it with a dyno, but when I get my new exhaust in and H- pipe i'll get it dynoed agin and i'll also post the imes I get when I got to Gainsvill on the 17th, as far as suspension i've only got springs, shocks/struts, subframe connectors & urethan bushings in the front. Gears i've got 4.10s
i'm confused

chassie dyno like a dynojet,mustangdyno

or was it an engine dyno?

it sounds like to me you are claiming 220rwhp from a chassie dyno.

that is a little high but if you have the mods to do it then you do. but not too many NA 3.8's out there running 220rwhp

which is it rwhp measured or calculated?

cobra232 said:
i'm confused

chassie dyno like a dynojet,mustangdyno

or was it an engine dyno?

it sounds like to me you are claiming 220rwhp from a chassie dyno.

that is a little high but if you have the mods to do it then you do. but not too many NA 3.8's out there running 220rwhp

which is it rwhp measured or calculated?

Dynojet.
I wanted it done on a Mustang dyno 'cause they also weigh your car (from what I hear)... but I couldn't find anyone around me that has them.

It's not 220 on the dot, it's a little off. It was 213 I think, so I rounded it up plus since then I got the T-body, stud girdle and matched exhaust ports (close enough to matching anyway).
So with the O/R H-pipe installing this week :banana: (right now I still have a Y-pipe & cats) i'm hoping to more or less hit it.