Want to learn

UTGAMER

Feb 26, 2010
Dalton, GA
Ok so I just got a 94 GT and I know absolutely nothing about cars. Ive been readin all I can tryin to learn, but half the stuff I read is like latin to me. Growin up Ive never had the chance to learn mechanical skills. As a man I feel its a priority to have at least some knowledge in this area. Yall know of a good site where I could pick up and learn about cars? I mean I dont even the simplest things. None of the abbreviations yall use what parts are what, what does what. Im hungry for some knowledge and dont know where to start. I want to tune my car up ,yself and tinker with her but scared even with a how to I may mes something up. Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

A Haynes manual will work too if you can't find a Chilton.
You could also join a local car club and pick up some pointers from them as well, so you can learn by touching as well as reading.
good luck with the new ride

+1 on 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords

I do like the other magazines on the market, but 5.0 emphasizes tech more than it's sister mag, Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords.

What you NEED to know, right now, since you have a Mustang and people will ask you questions about it....

- You have the second last year of the 5.0 Pushrod V8 in a Mustang. It is NOT a 4.6 litre.
- Your 5.0 has 215 horsepower. It is not THAT fast in today's standards. It has 285 foot pounds of torque, which will put most people pretty far back in their seats. Once you start to modify it, you'll see improvements in these areas.
- Your first mods WILL include the following. Gears. Exhaust. Shifter. Lowering. I know you're not mechanically inclined at the moment, but....once you start digging, these are the first things you should tackle.

Feel free to ask questions here, but.....also, before you do, check out the search function, it helps eliminate alot of duplicate questions being asked in the forum.

Cheers!