Water Leak...passenger Footwell

coastiefe

Dec 13, 2016
Bought my 12' GT about 3 months ago here in Sacramento. When the rains finally hit, found my car was getting a musty smell. Tracked it down to soaked carpet on passenger side floor. Did some digging and found the issue with the cowl drains being clogged. I did find both of mine clogged with dirt/debris, and a ton of water drained out when I cleared them. Thought it was fixed, but got rain this weekend and found the carpet wet again. Re-confirmed my drains are clear and after running a hose over the car while searching, cant find the leak. Anyone have experience with this problem? Unfortunately its out of warranty and I don't want to pay Ford for a "can't duplicate" resolution-

Thanks-

• Sponsors (?)

Have a windshield shop make sure the windshield is sealed all around, especially at the bottom. Early S197 cars had an issue there, and it can still happen on the newer cars, though its less common.

Update- While washing it last week, was actually able to find where the water was coming in. On the passenger side just below the cowl drain I found an oval rubber grommet/plug that the water was leaking through. Doesn't seem like the best design as far as location is right below the cowl drain, but I suspect because my car is parked on an inclined driveway it allowed the cowl drain to leak right on top of it. Pulled the plug, coated with RTV, and reinstalled. Leak fixed!

Reactions: 1 user