Water leak

• Sponsors (?)

It is likely to be your rear window leaking...more specifically the soft top portions on either side of the window. The rear window piece is separate from the top. There are several YouTube videos on it including one or two with repair ideas. Over time, there are several small places in the fabric that fray and wear thru. My 2K leaks as well. I tracked down the frayed/worn thru spots and made some temporary repairs with marine silicone and duct tape...it slowed the leaking, but did not completely cure it. The bottom line, based upon your description...you will need a new rear window section. I need one too, as my repairs did not hold. See if you can google up the videos and/or find the worn spots on you rear window section. Cheers!

It is likely to be your rear window leaking...more specifically the soft top portions on either side of the window. The rear window piece is separate from the top. There are several YouTube videos on it including one or two with repair ideas. Over time, there are several small places in the fabric that fray and wear thru. My 2K leaks as well. I tracked down the frayed/worn thru spots and made some temporary repairs with marine silicone and duct tape...it slowed the leaking, but did not completely cure it. The bottom line, based upon your description...you will need a new rear window section. I need one too, as my repairs did not hold. See if you can google up the videos and/or find the worn spots on you rear window section. Cheers!
Thanks for the info. I thought it might be the window, but where the water is dripping down inside I thought it was from the weather stripping. Now I will go on a hunt to find this leak. Thanks again. Now off to google.

Thanks for the info. I thought it might be the window, but where the water is dripping down inside I thought it was from the weather stripping. Now I will go on a hunt to find this leak. Thanks again. Now off to google.

I have a similar issue as stormsedge and what it sounds like you're dealing with. There are wear points where the fabric folds near the lower corner of the window on both sides. I gobbed it with E9000 flexible glue and that bought me about year on the driver's side, but the passenger's didn't hold so I'm replacing the top this spring.

If you're roof section is in great shape with no cracks you could just do the rear window. Mine is cracking at the edges so the plan is to replace both parts.