• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Wazee idler pulley

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kdizzite
  • Start date Start date Mar 7, 2004

Kdizzite

New Member
Sep 13, 2003
251
0
0
West Bloomfield, MI
Mar 7, 2004
#1
  • Mar 7, 2004
  • #1
View attachment 526551 How do I get the c ring out so that I can get the bearing out? I tried using needle nose pliers and pulling the ring together but its too hard. Is there some type of tool need to get it out?
 

mo_dingo

20+ Year Stangneter
Aug 26, 2003
3,031
2
58
Tucson, AZ
Mar 8, 2004
#2
  • Mar 8, 2004
  • #2
Yes there is. I forget what it's called though. I think they are called "snap-rings", but I don't know. They sell the tool at autozone for 10-15 bucks. It has replaceable tips, so you can put bigger/smaller tips inside those holes. Just print that picture out, and go to autozone. They will know what you are talking about.
Scott
 
S

smokediver27

New Member
Jun 16, 2003
203
0
0
Florida
Mar 8, 2004
#3
  • Mar 8, 2004
  • #3
Snap ring pliers is what I think you guys are referring too.
 
K

Kretz5.0

New Member
Feb 4, 2003
238
0
0
Panama City FL (Tyndall AFB)
Mar 8, 2004
#4
  • Mar 8, 2004
  • #4
Kdizzite said:
View attachment 526541 How do I get the c ring out so that I can get the bearing out? I tried using needle nose pliers and pulling the ring together but its too hard. Is there some type of tool need to get it out?
Click to expand...

Why are you replacing the bearing? i just order some pullies from him, they are good pullies right

Thanks
Tony
 

Kdizzite

New Member
Sep 13, 2003
251
0
0
West Bloomfield, MI
Mar 8, 2004
#5
  • Mar 8, 2004
  • #5
Kretz5.0 said:
Why are you replacing the bearing? i just order some pullies from him, they are good pullies right

Thanks
Tony
Click to expand...
The bearing in it started squeaking after a couple weeks, it was so loud i took it off and put a stock one back on. Now im trying to put in a new bearing, so hopefully it works.
 
K

Kretz5.0

New Member
Feb 4, 2003
238
0
0
Panama City FL (Tyndall AFB)
Mar 9, 2004
#6
  • Mar 9, 2004
  • #6
Great has anyone else ahd this prob? should i just find a new one and replace it to?
 
B

baglock1

The Bartender
Founding Member
Aug 25, 2001
6,612
1
78
Space Coast, FL
Mar 9, 2004
#7
  • Mar 9, 2004
  • #7
 

Attachments

  • 19264.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 173
M

mackey

Active Member
Jan 25, 2003
1,284
1
38
Beverly, Massachusetts
Mar 9, 2004
#8
  • Mar 9, 2004
  • #8
I think he may have come on and posted this before. The pully is probably on backwards. Someone said that if you flipped it around the noise would go right away. I think the wazee guy himself came on to help us on these forums.
 
K

Kretz5.0

New Member
Feb 4, 2003
238
0
0
Panama City FL (Tyndall AFB)
Mar 9, 2004
#9
  • Mar 9, 2004
  • #9
mackey said:
I think he may have come on and posted this before. The pully is probably on backwards. Someone said that if you flipped it around the noise would go right away. I think the wazee guy himself came on to help us on these forums.
Click to expand...


Sweet thanks, Im goin to pick my Wazee pullies from the post office today at lunch
 

Kdizzite

New Member
Sep 13, 2003
251
0
0
West Bloomfield, MI
Mar 9, 2004
#10
  • Mar 9, 2004
  • #10
mackey said:
I think he may have come on and posted this before. The pully is probably on backwards. Someone said that if you flipped it around the noise would go right away. I think the wazee guy himself came on to help us on these forums.
Click to expand...
No it was on right when it was one the car. I can put the pully on my finger and it squeaks.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Idler pulley as substitute for Power Steering Pump ?
  • Bhenders
  • Jul 15, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
5
Views
264
Other Auto Tech Jul 16, 2026
LILCBRA
Engine Looking for suggestions and or ideas
  • PonyGTrider
  • Aug 25, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
476
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 7, 2026
PonyGTrider
J
Exhaust manifold to Y-pipe nut & stud dimensions?
  • joeybuddy96
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
155
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jul 9, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
My next project , a 428 build!
  • horse sence
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
  • 5 6 7
Replies
122
Views
2K
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Yesterday at 6:04 AM
GOvert
G
J
2004 Mustang 3.8L V6 vibrations above 65 MPH and differential leaks
  • joeybuddy96
  • Mar 16, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
845
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Aug 29, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?