Well Boys, Its Been A Year.

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
This makes my second attendance at the international auto show working in the capacity as a BMW Genius, and that means its been a little over 12 months for me here in the new job.
Its still going good overall though, this is a job that I couldn't have hand picked for myself any better.

Im not gonna get rich here that's for sure, but where else do they pay 22.56 an hour to talk about a car?

It's not all a bowl of cherries though,....standing around at the international autoshow in Birmingham AL. is not w/o peril...People still get drunk,...and then for whatever reason decide to go to the autoshow....and then find me with their drunk assed selves so they can tell me all about the 1983 3 series they had in college/highschool.

It is what it is though,...I mean how can anybody complain about having to stand around while getting paid.

There are some "site specific" Interesting tidbits that I found relevant enough to start a thread here however:

I mean, Who wouldn't want this pinball game in their man cave?

20170406_123917_zpsvi6gzxha.jpg

Ever seen a Mustang pinball machine? I havent.

Ive also never seen obe of these things..
( up close anyways)
20170406_124249_zps3f3mduzi.jpg

Im here till 6pm tonight...any of you guys wanna stop by and see me, ill be the guy standing around, trying to keep all of the riff raff from slamming shut the I-8's doors.

Attachments

• 20170406_123917.jpg
    20170406_123917.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 101
Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

As a pinball guy mustang is on my list to have one day to go in my small collection, it's a mid level game, semi affordable (at about $4000) used. Catches some flak because tanner foust is a voice.

I believe it was actually sold through some ford dealers as well as pinball dealers.
I considered putting it on a credit card at ford and telling my wife it was a transmission...

Reactions: 3 users
They have one in the waiting room of my local Ford dealer. My daughter likes a slam her hands on it and pulled the knobs. I have never actually spent any money in it. Prettu cool though, didn't realize there was more of a back story.

Joe

Congrats on a year of steady employment. Aside from your wife, I am surprised anyone has been able to tolerate you in person that long!

They are German, they dont know what Mike is saying. Makes it easier to tolerate. :rolleyes:
I know you guys are joking, but I also know how Mike can appear on the forum.

We really need to have a Stangnet meet one day. He's really a fun person.......of course we have to wait till I have a driving mustang:nonono:.

See,..there ya go....I'll always be there for you to mark your auspicious occasions with.

I'll be here when you get the last piece of the blue car painted too,......and I'll be jealous.
See, i told them you were a nice guy.

I don't know when the real deal (working on the blue car) will happen now Mike.

The bodyshop industry is tanking so hard here right now. Talent means nothing if there's no work. Might cause some fundamental changes soon.

Bright side is, I might be without a significant other soon.

With all the strange weather we've had this spring, you would think that there would have been a dramatic increase in hailstorms...

Did you ever consider painting aircraft? If you work for the right companies, you don't need to have any aircraft maintenance experience.

Reactions: 1 user
I can see how one might think that,..but this is Alabama. Alabama german car buyers hear me just fine.
http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/BMW-of-Birmingham-review-187/

There's a Contact You button :) lol

See, i told them you were a nice guy.

I don't know when the real deal (working on the blue car) will happen now Mike.

The bodyshop industry is tanking so hard here right now. Talent means nothing if there's no work. Might cause some fundamental changes soon.

Bright side is, I might be without a significant other soon.

Fly in Painter for hire-telling ya dave-it's a money maker and you could travel on somebody else's dime :)

And.... I'm sorry to hear that..

There's a Contact You button :) lol

Fly in Painter for hire-telling ya dave-it's a money maker and you could travel on somebody else's dime :)

And.... I'm sorry to hear that..
Don't fret over it Chris, but thank you anyhow. It's just life. A year from now and everything will be fine.

Trials are good for us, builds character. Sucks a little going through it, but.....