Well, I can proudly take my car tog et inspected now

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
StateCollege PA
Well, I can proudly take my car to get inspected now

Yep. I caved in. I couldn't find ANY service station that'll look otherway:nonono: . Every station around here is legit. Sucks....
Wormer air is comming up swiftly, and I ran out of options. And I need to get my to pass inspections....
View attachment 482083
View attachment 482085
I guess i don't have to worry about random roadblock(ya we do have those around here) anymore, and thats a good thing...:(
Magnaflow Highflow catts. I got 2 of them for $80shipped. I guess its still cheaper then guying catted BBK H...

• Sponsors (?)

damn dude... they have roadblocks to check for cats??? thats ridiculous. Hopefully the sound won't change too much on you. Did you weld the cats in? It looks like you sawed out a section and clamped it, am I right? They almost look like they came as an original part of the pipe, good job

stangGT97 said:
damn dude... they have roadblocks to check for cats??? thats ridiculous. Hopefully the sound won't change too much on you. Did you weld the cats in? It looks like you sawed out a section and clamped it, am I right? They almost look like they came as an original part of the pipe, good job

Donno if thats all they look. I'm sure they are also looking for drunks, and ricers with fartcans, and I was also told that they stick 2X4 under your car, and if it toutch anything then your gonna get ticket. No thanks
I'd rather deal with little less power then all that hassle..
And ya i cut off section, and slipped pipes together. I'm not sure if I want to weld it or cramp it. Pipe is mildsteel, but cats are Stainless. If i weld them together, it'll rust...

mity2 said:
Donno if thats all they look. I'm sure they are also looking for drunks, and ricers with fartcans, and I was also told that they stick 2X4 under your car, and if it toutch anything then your gonna get ticket. No thanks
I'd rather deal with little less power then all that hassle..
And ya i cut off section, and slipped pipes together. I'm not sure if I want to weld it or cramp it. Pipe is mildsteel, but cats are Stainless. If i weld them together, it'll rust...

if the fit is tight, just use exhaust clamps. you shouldn't even notice a power loss with high flow cats.

urban96 said:
whered u get those for 80?

I got it off of this place called "performance peddler" on E-bay. THey were going for $53 someting, and also had make offer option. So i sent the offer $40X2+free shipping, and they accepted it:D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8047369530&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

DBMSTNG said:
if the fit is tight, just use exhaust clamps. you shouldn't even notice a power loss with high flow cats.

Thats what I thought. And I think I got the leak...
Car is not on the road yet, So its hard to tell if its leaking by just sitting there, and idleing.
But I think i just need to tighten all the bolts again. I didn't jack up the car high enough, and i couldn't get enough leverage...

deftsound said:
so when you went around askin shops what did you say? The reason i ask is i need to do the same thing but i really dont know how to approach them about it...

I take other cars for whatever. Oil change or tire rotation or whatever. And chitchat with youngest one there. Usually may be fresh out of highschool. They'll usually tell you how they do it. Those will tell you they'll pass you. But usually one with inspecter lisence is an old one. And they are strict for the all i went. I just basically sniff around.
topless98gt said:
Wow, $80 for 2 high flow cats is rediculously cheap! I might try to find me some to get welded onto my X pipe. Should I?

I say you should. Other then leak i need to fix, I almost hear no difference in sound level whatssoever.Which makes me think may be I didn't lose enough power to even notice

EDIT _ I just drove around just bit. Ya there is definatelly a leak. Its at Driver side collecter, or rather where I have 2 pipes slip over. I'm too tired. I'll figure something out tomorrow...

Okay, I just used those red silicon, and good up all of connection. It got alot better, but still tiny leak.
May be i have to think about welding it shut...
Can 2 different type metals(stainless and mildsteel) weld together without an issue?
I was told when you weld two different metal together, they rust faster then mid-80's Subaru..

Oh yeah, I also recommend the seller Performance Peddler on ebay to any others. He is local to Detroit and cut me a great deal on my Flowmasters when the Supers first came out. He gave me the best deal ANYWHERE. I may go by the warehouse and get some tailpipes from him.