What 5-speed is easiest swap for a '79?

Mikesbaron

Jun 1, 2019
WA
1979 Hatchback with a Ford crate M6007-X302. The AOD transmission will need to be fixed and/or replaced and I'm wanting to gather insights into what it would take, or which 5 speed would be the easiest swap.

• Sponsors (?)

unless it's abt cheep U should B a lill more decisive and click on manual /OR/ auto. That's 1st.
Get THAT down, then U can look at options w/in.
Bench racing the options to come up with good info on costs and difficulties the OP will likely face is not a problem for me. I’m happy to help spend someone’s money if they want.
I think I decoded your intent @chrisful. Please feel free to use full words and punctuation. The extra electrons required are not going to crash the servers. ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
yup, talkin w/Mike'sb,
"...The AOD transmission will need to be fixed and/or replaced and I'm wanting to gather insights into what it would take, or which 5 speed..."

All automotive Qs R answerd by the "APPLICATTION"...the exact purpose, use, end goal. What R 80% of the driving conditions, RPM? Traffic conditions - rural? city? 2 lane blk top, twisties? show, race, drag, circle track, DD? And yours is..." tell us that'n we can help more specifically~

"...I decoded..."
sorry, UR not the only 1 to post that. 2 Learning Disabilities, poor keybd skills, arthritis of hands (& may B brain, aahahahaa)~

Why God created:

1631580447949.png

:rock:

I can’t stand to read this…it’d be different if you could claim 20-something syndrome…But that would be an “exaggeration”.
Please do everyone here a favor, and write like you were taught 63 years ago.