What are everyone's current issues (problems)??

• Sponsors (?)

1. Need a new clutch, just ordered a spec stage three and its sitting in my garage waiting for an install.
2. New flowmaster cat - back just installed but now tailpipes are rattling and need to be welded.
3. Oil Pan gasket went bad and car burns oil like mad when over 4500 rpm's.
4. Rear main seal is also leaking it will be fixed when the clutch goes in.
5. Need new back tires already.

I think thats it, I hate Mustangs and love them at the same time :nonono:

1. Clunk from drivers side window when hitting top & bottem of travel.
  2. Clunk from rear end somewhere. Probably quad-shocks.
  3. Driveshaft is rattling on something underneath. I suspect the ebrake cable cuz the recall hasnt been done on it.
  4. Grinds 3rd gear once in a blue moon when i am racing.
  5. Badly cracked front bumper due to pond incident almost 2 yrs ago.
  6. SRS light has been on since I bought it. Don't really care enough to fix it.
  7. Not running 13's :notnice:

Mine has 75k miles, and for it's age and level of abuse I think it has performed extremely well. I just drove from metro detroit to topeka, kansas without a single problem. Cruised at an average of 80-85mph and I got 23-24 mpg consistently. I dynamatted the entire car from firewall to trunk and it killed a ton of exhaust and tire drone, so that made the driver much more bearable. :nice:

Here's the gripes I have with my car that I'm trying to solve...

1. Both lifters for #5 are noisy
2. Coolant seeping from tstat housing
3. Passenger side door has something loose inside
4. Something in the dash is rattling itself loose at idle
5. Driver seat track is busted
6. 5th gear makes unhappy noises
7. Tires have flat spots from sitting too long and are worn out
8. Shocks & struts are limp
9. Passenger side headers are leaking again
10. Major traction problems in 1st, 2nd, and sometimes 3rd... :D

That's all :banana:

Dave

1) AC line has a leak and ford wants 300 for the line
2)i think i have warped front rotors and
3)rear brakes squeak a little while not breaking
4)vibration about 2500 after poly trany mont installed
5)poly motor mount and no place to install them
6)Holset turbo and no place to install it

HairyCanary...So whats up with the thermo leak??? Since my h/c install i keep getting leaks there....right on the bottom left hand side...
this is the 3rd time in 1600 miles??? last time i RTV'd the edges along with a new gasket....filed the intake and t/housing to make sure their flat....here it is 250 miles and i see the telltale stain... :shrug:
I even used a TQ wrench to 22lbs so as not to over do it....

Never noticed a leak when stock...or maybe cause it was crudded up in there...

mo_dingo said:
1. A/C doesnt work
2. Clutch is really hard to push in/engages at the very top.

Few questions. Does anyone know how to check for freon? The pressure fitting from the receiver/dryer isn't like the ones on tires (with the needle that you push down). Also, i have a 95 gt but i dont know if it is r-12 or r-134a?

I think it is time to just replace the clutch. (stock one w/70k on motor)

some else probably answered this already but;

a 95 uses 134a

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
she still pops...i think thats a lean prob, need a AFPR

until its warmed up runs like S-H-I-T!!!! chuggs....if im going down a hill braking it wants to die...any ideas there??

and sometimes it falls on its face way up top...thinkin either valve float or need a new fuel filter....

have you checked the ECT for the cold run problem??

Stangfreak95 said:
3. Coolant sensor doesnt work ( I think ). My temperature guage works when it feels like it after at least 25minutes of driving. But It will not work 90% of the time.

4.Very weird sound when starting the car. After its started, its perfect. Like marbles stucked somewhere.

3. is there an air bubble in the system??

4. have you checked for worn starter gear teeth or worn flywheel teeth.

stockstang50 said:
1. Exhaust leak that I cant find :bang:

1. to find the leak get 2 pairs of vice-grips and 2 large sockets. use the vice-grips to secure the sockets inside the exhaust tips. that will increase backpressure and may help you find the leak easier.

Remember: when you remove the sockets and vice-grips from the exhaust, they will be HOT.

on my vert:

1. the top leaks above windows in heavy rain, but i live in southern CA so it's not much of a problem. ford has a kit to fix that.

2. my current medical problems are preventing me from doing all that i want to the car not to mention driving it the way i like.

hello everyone well recent news on my stang just got mechanical gauges water temp and oil pressure. with the pod mount. got the lines all run through firewall and tryin to find best place to hook them up. but thats small beans cause last night as i was driving my AODE started binding inside not sure of the problem yet but car drove decent enuff to get me home when i dropped it to 2nd gear first and reverse are binding somehow. next on the project list is replacing the lifters and pushrods mine are so noisy people think i have a bad exhaust leak :) . other than that i got a super chips burnt by level10 performance and raised my shift point to 6k rpm fixed my not shifting at WOT issue due to the 4.10s