What are the best Suspension Upgrades to Begin With?

mattingb

Nov 12, 2006
What is a good brand of subframe connectors? I have read a lot about people running 90/10s on the front and 50/50s Lakewoods on the rear- is this good to begin with? Would the 70/30s on the front be better for the street and strip?? And also what is the best brand when it comes to upper and lower control arms for both street and strip? It seems to me that the adjustable type control arms would come with many headaches rather than the fixed style.

• Sponsors (?)

What is a good brand of subframe connectors? I have read a lot about people running 90/10s on the front and 50/50s Lakewoods on the rear- is this good to begin with? Would the 70/30s on the front be better for the street and strip?? And also what is the best brand when it comes to upper and lower control arms for both street and strip? It seems to me that the adjustable type control arms would come with many headaches rather than the fixed style.

Maximum motorsports has a real good sfc, and thats what I plan to run in the near future. As for struts, lakewood has a good one, but you should look into the adjustables. You can have them set to drive pretty much stock, and when you hit the track, twist the dials so they behave like a 90/10. More pricey, but you get the best of both worlds. Can't help you with the control arms, I don't know what good brands are out there. I'd like to know as well.