What Battery are you guys running

• Sponsors (?)

My stang has had 3 batteries...(Keep in mind i run a stereo system)

Car came with a duralast!!! Garbage Obviously!

Bought an Optima...Hahaa You know i shoulda bought another Duralast....they don't like having a heavy draw on them.

Battery 3 and my fav.
Get an Odyssey...Odyssey now produces the Sears Diehard AGM Dry Cell battery. So you may save a few bucks buying it with the Sears LOGO on it.

Chris

I just use the stock Motorcraft battery. I think many people have good opinions on those. I replaced it in April '09, but not before I checked out Optima and a few others. It seems that these light weight batteries whether they are dry cells or wet seems to not be as reliable as a regular wet-cell battery. I prefer to be able to start my car when I need to as opposed to shaving 20 lbs off my front end, and spending much more money doing it too. I'll put the money saved towards other mods.

BTW Odyssey batteries aren't a weight reduction feature like an Optima. The UPS guy actually bitched at how heavy the package was. Odysseys are used Govt. vehicles like Humvees i hear.

I think its like a 4-5 Year replacement...and after that its pro rated to 10 years. I would buy another in a heartbeat.

boy those oddyseys are over 200 bucks on their site. ouchhh. i was thinking more like 80 bucks max lol. my buddy has a carquest one on his stang its decent i guess but i think motorcraft would be a good ol idear. how much those run you guys for?

they have diehard gold north or south and gold or non, im guessing since i live in michigan i should go with the north, but i never drive this thing unless its 50 degrees fahrenheit or above

I have the Odyssey 2150 in the trunk of my Stang. Its a big $%@#*. I think around 70-80lbs. Def not a weight reduction. But i don't really care about having the fastest car. I rather not see my voltage needle dance when the Bass hits.

I would 2nd the NAPA batteries. They have a good warranty and cost under 100$. I bought one for my 88 more than 5 years ago and it is still fine, despite being parked outside year round, rarely being driven and charged and just generally badly abused and ignored.

stay away from anything OPTIMA!!!

if they are ever run dead you can NOT recharge them. mine lasted less than a year. i replaced it with a cheapo autozone battery and havent had any issues in over a year. my car sometimes sits for months at a time without being cranked and the autozone battery does the trick every time!

stay away from anything OPTIMA!!!

if they are ever run dead you can NOT recharge them. mine lasted less than a year. i replaced it with a cheapo autozone battery and havent had any issues in over a year. my car sometimes sits for months at a time without being cranked and the autozone battery does the trick every time!

Exactly, I stored one red top I had for 6 months and it died.
Was still in warrenty so A zone sold me a nice Duralast for $15.

Stock Motorcraft is the best. I had the original Motorcraft in my 96 Cobra until 2006. I changed it not because it was dead, but because I didn't wanna risk getting stuck. I also like Die Hards and Interstate. I get a lot of used batteries at work and these are the ones that always are hot when the cars come in, or take and hold a charge.

I'd stay away from Optima garbage, they are nothing but trouble.