What Battery are you guys running

• Sponsors (?)

Optima is not junk. You just have to treat it like it expects. If you have a ton of stereo equipment then buy the Yellow one not the Red one for more active cycling. Do not let it completely drain cause that will help kill any good battery. There are two Reds for our cars, the smaller ones will not sit in our battery trays correctly. Don't bitch about it, get the right size and if not, you're the fool, not Optima.

It's a good battery. Just have to learn to have a non "stupid proof" battery.

A person only needs a expensive ass Optima or something in the $150-$200 range if your running your battery with the engine off for long periods of time. Otherwise there is no need or benefit from a **** Optima battery. A big 3upgrade will do more for a cars charging and battery than anything. I'm running a full screen double din head unit, mach 460 still installed and 1000 watt amp cranked to the ceiling and higher output headlights and foglights. And I still have no need for anything other than a normal battery. 160A alternator and upgraded alternator wiring is all I needed.

they have diehard gold north or south and gold or non, im guessing since i live in michigan i should go with the north, but i never drive this thing unless its 50 degrees fahrenheit or above

No matter what battery you decide on, you should use a battery tender when going long periods of time without starting the car IMHO.