What brand of air intake is the best?

• Sponsors (?)

are you kidding me? this isnt even a double post, you wait 10 minutes and post another thread because people didnt respond fast enough? try a search, there has to be at least 1000 threads all pertaining to this exact topic

Mac's aren't that great.. well, at least not enough to be up there with the best.

If I had to pick between 2, I'd narrow it to JLT or Tunable Induction. A FIPK would probably be one of my last choices, especially since for a while there, I read a thread a week minimum about people going way lean to the point of having MIL's illuminated.

Like Kilgore said, the gains are minimal without other supporting mods, i.e. better flowing heads, plenum, tb, exhaust, etc. Probably a few ponies if you're lucky..

I have the Mac, it and the K&N were my only choices because they are the only ones that make smog (CA) legal CAIs. I chose it mainly for it's looks under the hood. I didn't want to replace Fords black plastic with K&Ns black plastic.

100_0199.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0199.jpg
    100_0199.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 64
jeffnoel said:
I have the Mac, it and the K&N were my only choices because they are the only ones that make smog (CA) legal CAIs. I chose it mainly for it's looks under the hood. I didn't want to replace Fords black plastic with K&Ns black plastic.

100_0199.jpg

I like the engine bling. :)

Attachments

• 100_0199.jpg
    100_0199.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 67
StangPro said:
JLT and Tunable Induction will both make good power, as has been dyno proven over and over.

not to question your statement, but were these dyno tests on pretty much stock, N/A GTs? If so, then I will look into one, but I'm sick of companies trying to sell you a product by saying "oh it gives you 25rwhp @6200rpm" but fail to tell you the degree of the engine build *cough*professionalproducts*cough*

sgarlic said:
A FIPK would probably be one of my last choices, especially since for a while there, I read a thread a week minimum about people going way lean to the point of having MIL's illuminated.

There is no way the fipk would make it go any leaner than any of the other two you listed. A bad install might, but the same goes for the others.

jstreet0204 said:
There is no way the fipk would make it go any leaner than any of the other two you listed. A bad install might, but the same goes for the others.

Hmmm... thats what Im wondering. I have a FIPK and my CEL recently triggered for indicating a lean condition... wtf. I dont see why the K&N would be any different than the other CAI's.

BurningRubber said:
Hmmm... thats what Im wondering. I have a FIPK and my CEL recently triggered for indicating a lean condition... wtf. I dont see why the K&N would be any different than the other CAI's.

Was the install recent? If so check your connections, especially where the sleeve connects to the throttle body. Mine had a tendency to curl up underneath where it wasn't noticable. Make sure you didn't over oil the filter. There is nothing complicated about the fipk. It's just a plastic tube. If it were a design flaw everyone that had it would get a lean condition.

jstreet0204 said:
Was the install recent? If so check your connections, especially where the sleeve connects to the throttle body. Mine had a tendency to curl up underneath where it wasn't noticable. Make sure you didn't over oil the filter. There is nothing complicated about the fipk. It's just a plastic tube. If it were a design flaw everyone that had it would get a lean condition.

Yeah ive taken it off a few times and put it back on, always paying attention to the sleeve.

Havnt re-oiled the filter since I got it so I dont think thats an issue.

Kinda wierd, but it may be un-related.