What can holod more boost?? 306/331/347???

DirtyD916

May 25, 2003
Norcal 916
I was curious what can hold more boost? a nicely built DSS, 306, 331, 347? IO was thinking the 306 because of the greater cylinder wall size and strength, but i wasnt quite sure. Does anyone have a good idea? I would say a 9.0 compression or 8.8 compression on all of them, and hopefully in the neighborhood of 15-20 psi of boost. Sounds like a lot but its just an estimate. -thanx. :D

• Sponsors (?)

ya 9.0 seemed a little sketchy. Its just that in my 5.0 and super fords magazine, the issue with the King of the streets them to it, there was a coupe that had a 347 and an s-trim wiht like i think 17 pounds of boost, but had a compression of 10.0!!!!! and it was a daily driver! SO i wasnt sure if this was a possibility or not.

a 331, and 347 are just stroked 302's....the one wit the thinner walls would be the 306. Having a high amount of boost can be bad. The tempertures of the air at that boost would cause detonation problems. An intercooler would be best for this. Ideally you want to keep your boost level as low as you can to avoid heat from compression. Opening you engine with better airflow will allow you to make more power at low boost, than a choked up engine with 15psi.