What causes inner front tire wear??/

• Sponsors (?)

ya i lowered mine and readjusted it all back up as far i i could and it is shearing off like an inch and a half of the inner front tires, but it looks like it is at some crazy 30 degree angle presumably lol. I gotta get caster plates to fix it

My car is lowered with Saleen springs and still has the factory rivets in the stock strut plates. Camber is right on. :nice: Excessive tire wear on the inside is caused by negative camber. Toe in usually causes choppiness on the tires or outside tire wear. Good luck.

bimmertech said:
excessive toe-in condition most likely caused by worn tie rods, or just plain out of alignment.

Excessive toe-in will cause a saw-tooth wear pattern, the edges of the tread would be pointing to the center of the car, and out from the car if a toe-out problem was the case. His problem is most likely negative camber, as stated.

ok so its negative camber. Say for the winter a put new tie rod end links and get it a alignment come spring, my new tires should not wear like that again..............OK WHAT ABOUT SWAY BAR BUSHINGS.....when i first bought the car the front sway bar bushing was all bent and f**ked up...I bought energy suspension bushings and new brackets....could have that caused the inner wheel to wear...but it shouldnt be a problem anymore...

ja1919 said:
what are cc plates going to do...why would my alignment always be off once it is aligned

Caster/Camber plates, they allow you to/more adjustment with camber and caster. The stock strut towers do not have provisions for correct adjustment usually and caster/camber plates allow this. A good alignment tech, can usually make the adjustment without the plates, but the cost can be the same if not more then the plates, being he has to slot the strut tower. (Cut it out, for adjustment purposes)

ok i get what the cc plates do..but why do i have to do this??? is it because my tires are too wide?? what if i just got smaller width tires, new tie rod ends and a alignment..would that fix the problem...iam on a budget, but i can get tires cheap, so it would be cheaper for me not to put cc plates on. i gotta pay for college..school suxs

ja1919 said:
ok i get what the cc plates do..but why do i have to do this??? is it because my tires are too wide?? what if i just got smaller width tires, new tie rod ends and a alignment..would that fix the problem...iam on a budget, but i can get tires cheap, so it would be cheaper for me not to put cc plates on. i gotta pay for college..school suxs

No, your just outta alignment it seems. You may need c/c plates or not. You gotta get it on an alignment machine to see how out of wack it is first, then you'll know if you "need" the plates. If you know you need new tie rod ends then put them on yourself since its gotta be aligned anyway, or have the alignment shop do it.

You need to stick with Motorcraft on your Tierod ends, because the aftermarket has them as a One fits all category and they are the old style which will not be correct for a 92. PPI still sell original Motorcraft ends, your other choice is a bumpsteer kit. CC plates are something you should really look into investing a little money in as the range of adjustment will be greatly enhanced. If your Camber is way off which it sounds like, you can drill out the rivets and move the stock plate and rivet it back in for a little more adjustment.