• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

What Clutch?

  • Thread starter Thread starter onebad89gt
  • Start date Start date Apr 27, 2005
O

onebad89gt

New Member
Feb 22, 2004
9
0
0
Apr 27, 2005
#1
  • Apr 27, 2005
  • #1
What would be the best clutch for the money for my 82gt with the fact. 4spd. I know it is a 10 in 1/16 10 spline. Any help would be nice.
 

5spd GT

"the 5.0 owns all"
Founding Member
Aug 7, 2002
9,516
6
99
Arkansas
Apr 27, 2005
#2
  • Apr 27, 2005
  • #2
I really liked the King Cobra clutch I had. It can hold decent power (probably up to around 300rwhp). What mods are done to your car?
 

gregpro50

Member
Sep 11, 2004
140
0
16
Binghamton NY
Apr 27, 2005
#3
  • Apr 27, 2005
  • #3
Can you get a KC with the older clutch setup ?? If it is stock I would just use a RAM kit.
 
T

TbonesBlack92GT

New Member
Apr 19, 2005
25
0
0
Apr 27, 2005
#4
  • Apr 27, 2005
  • #4
I am using the Ford Racing HD clutch and it works great. The King Cobra would be a good choice too. Either clutch should work well unless your motor is making a lot of power (nitrous/blower/turbo). I paid $170 + shipping for the HD Clutch Kit from Summit which is pretty reasonable I think.

Also recommend an aftermarket quadrant with a firewall adjuster (I got mine at Jegs $90).
 
O

onebad89gt

New Member
Feb 22, 2004
9
0
0
Apr 27, 2005
#5
  • Apr 27, 2005
  • #5
clutch

nope the motor is not stock. 282 crane cam, highly ported e7,s,1.6rr, preformer rpm intake 650 holley double pumper 1 3/4 long tubes 2 1/2 flows dumped. 8.8 with 410,s. don't know how much power I have.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

4
Drivetrain Wilwood Clutch and Brake Pedal Combo Installation - Help
  • 427stang
  • Jul 8, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
83
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 8, 2026
427stang
4
F
Engine 1988 Foxbody idle issues
  • fernandosgarage55
  • Apr 28, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
26
Views
855
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 30, 2026
AeroCoupe
Engine What’s that?
  • PonyGTrider
  • Aug 24, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
288
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 25, 2026
PonyGTrider
Drivetrain Broken clutch cable- what it looks like
  • JulianR
  • Aug 6, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
641
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 10, 2026
gkomo
A
1987 5.0 speed density Foxbody crank no start
  • Alan2204
  • May 23, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
464
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 30, 2026
Mcmahst
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?