• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

what do you guys think?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shelbe67
  • Start date Start date Dec 17, 2004
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

shelbe67

Member
Apr 10, 2004
309
0
17
Dec 20, 2004
#21
  • Dec 20, 2004
  • #21
thanks grgt for the advice I have been going back and forth with this for a while now but I have decided to get rid of the 67. I know that its special but to be honest I cant have two cars anymore plus this car seems to be fighting with me every step of the way it seem like it wants to just die you know what I mean? at first it was a simple paint job when I bought it b/c the previous owner supposedly did the quarter skins when I bought it little did I know that he mounted them totlly crooked and loaded them with bondo so I couldnt tell he primered it so it looked good at the time but when started to do the work it was alot worse then I thought!. So, I figured well its still my favorite car so onward I marched dumping thousands more into it when the body guy that was a really good friend of a best friend of mine started to screw me ( he told me that he would fix it for 6grand and paint it, well he didnt I gave him 4500 dollars to get started and it wasnt even close to being finished he started hounding me for even more money) I ad the car shipped home. I actually painted it and did the quarter panel fix myself granted its not pro quality but at a local carshow you wouldnt know that I did it. a friend that paints cars said that it looked awesome so I feel really good about that. But I still carried on,the engine that I built was another disaster so now I just feel like its time to just move on. I know that they are becoming more rare but I feel like later on when the right one is there I will get it and I wont have to do as much work. thats funny what you said though, tinker on the 67 my girlfriend said the exact same thing she doesnt wanna see it go lol
 

mystang94gt

New Member
Jun 14, 2004
951
0
0
Bay Area, CA
Dec 20, 2004
#22
  • Dec 20, 2004
  • #22
How bout pull the engine from the 94 and shove it in the 67. Then you get rid of one car, and get a realiable fuel injected classic. I guess I'm like your gf dont want to see the 67 go. Good luck whatever you decide.
 

shelbe67

Member
Apr 10, 2004
309
0
17
Dec 20, 2004
#23
  • Dec 20, 2004
  • #23
I would love to! but its not just the engine it seems like this project has gotten out of control besides I have a 393 stroker ready for the car!
 

GRGT1994

New Member
Sep 22, 2004
1,034
0
0
Dec 21, 2004
#24
  • Dec 21, 2004
  • #24
mystang94gt is an out of the box thinker! Your problem is already solved. You don't have 2 cars, you have 1. The '67. The other is a parts donor. Tear it down and build up the classic.

Just kidding. Cheers.
 
P

ponypowa2

New Member
May 17, 2004
228
0
0
Destin, FL
Dec 21, 2004
#25
  • Dec 21, 2004
  • #25
man I would kill for a 67', I still think the 60's stangs have the highest piamp factor
 

mystang94gt

New Member
Jun 14, 2004
951
0
0
Bay Area, CA
Dec 21, 2004
#26
  • Dec 21, 2004
  • #26
GRGT1994 said:
mystang94gt is an out of the box thinker! Your problem is already solved. You don't have 2 cars, you have 1. The '67. The other is a parts donor. Tear it down and build up the classic.

Just kidding. Cheers.
Click to expand...


Always been my dream to build a fuel injected classic. I've got a 64 glaxay fast back in my garage that is screaming for a stroked s/c 351. I saw a 40 Ford with an 03 cobra motor at a Good guys show one time and it was
 

shelbe67

Member
Apr 10, 2004
309
0
17
Dec 29, 2004
#27
  • Dec 29, 2004
  • #27
sorry guys its been a while but I think that my temporary insanity has finnally went away. I am gonna keep both cars and hopefully buy a house. That was a big change I know but in a clouple of years I should be able to afford (hopefully) the 05 used but then again who will know maybe they will up the horsepower a bit and I will get that (and still have my 67 :})
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Thinking About Either Trading Or Selling My Mustang, What Do You Guys Think Its Worth?
  • usaf_branham
  • Apr 15, 2015
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
2K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Apr 21, 2015
03_TrueBlue_GT
What Do Guys Think? Yeah Or Nay?
  • mikestang63
  • Jun 1, 2013
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
3K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 3, 2013
mikestang63
B
thinking what to do, any input?
  • benjammcd
  • Feb 1, 2011
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
731
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 2, 2011
90stang5speed
9
weird issue, what do you guys think?
  • Jaym14
  • Feb 21, 2010
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
467
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Feb 22, 2010
SpartaPerformance
What kind of power do you think I will make?
  • mustangfan1990
  • Mar 3, 2008
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
717
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 4, 2008
mustangfan1990
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?