• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-

What is a good asking price?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SVTdriver
  • Start date Start date Jun 8, 2005

SVTdriver

Founding Member
Sep 2, 2001
3,319
0
0
Seattle Wa
Jun 8, 2005
#1
  • Jun 8, 2005
  • #1
This is NOT a for sale thread.

I have a 66 c code fastback. Has some rust in the floors. Minor electrical gremlins (Though all new wiring throughout). Too many layers of paint (4 at least). Body panels have not been properly aligned since last repair.
These are the majority of the problems. While I never thought I would sell it. I think the bigger crime would be letting it rust for another year. I have 2 people interested in it. One has an offer of $3500. The other says that is too low. He wants the car. But says it is worth more money. So my question is. What is a good asking price?
 

tylers65

I've got your tool right here!
Jan 7, 2001
3,278
0
57
Tacoma, WA
Jun 8, 2005
#2
  • Jun 8, 2005
  • #2
Besides the gremlins and such, what are the full specs on the car?

Tranny, Mods, interior condition, options?

What does the door tag say?

Options can mean a lot even for a poorly maintained car.

Rate the car on a scale of 1 to 10.
 

SVTdriver

Founding Member
Sep 2, 2001
3,319
0
0
Seattle Wa
Jun 8, 2005
#3
  • Jun 8, 2005
  • #3
It's not in too bad shape. The carpet is faded. The seats are worn. The headliner is torn. But it's all there. It's currently an auto trans. But was originally a manual. No mods all original just old original. Don't think it had any options. I'd realisticly cosmetically rate it a 7. But of course I like the car so to me it's a 10.
 

tylers65

I've got your tool right here!
Jan 7, 2001
3,278
0
57
Tacoma, WA
Jun 8, 2005
#4
  • Jun 8, 2005
  • #4
Does it run and move under its own power?
 

tylers65

I've got your tool right here!
Jan 7, 2001
3,278
0
57
Tacoma, WA
Jun 8, 2005
#5
  • Jun 8, 2005
  • #5
According to NADA, this car is worth 7200 on the low end if running and in reasonable shape.

Fastbacks are getting harder to come by these days, especially ones that are in any kind of restorable condition.
 

SVTdriver

Founding Member
Sep 2, 2001
3,319
0
0
Seattle Wa
Jun 9, 2005
#6
  • Jun 9, 2005
  • #6
It does run and move under it's own power. Once you jump the dead battery.
Yes they are getting harder to find. I wish I had more time to work on it. But it's likely going to a good home.
Thanks for your help Tyler
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
What's it Worth? 76 Cobra 2
  • dulcimerbob
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
13
Views
369
What is it Worth?!?!? Sep 12, 2026
dulcimerbob
D
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
109
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
F
Electrical Foxbody wiring harness 2.3 to v8 swap
  • Foxbodyjake
  • Mar 23, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
26
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 7, 2026
Kleinjj27
K
B
WTB [WTB] 1967-1970 Mustang Fastback
  • Brett_F
  • Jun 19, 2025
  • Want to Buy
Replies
0
Views
159
Want to Buy Jun 19, 2025
Brett_F
B
T
What's it Worth? 2002 GT conv/auto
  • tonydetesta
  • Jan 7, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
3
Views
756
What is it Worth?!?!? Jan 21, 2026
Mustang5L5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?