What is everyone using to tune with, laptop wise?

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
I'm going to buy a laptop or tablet just for tuning and would like to know what I need.
This will be my first venture into efi tuning as I just got my mspnp2 .
Seems like so many different serial ports and storage capacities .

• Sponsors (?)

You can use any laptop... and only need a USB port.

I use a Acer R18 and more recently I started using a Samsung Galaxy book 2 pro 360 this one I had to use a USB to USB C adapter. You have the option of using Bluetooth on the MS if you buy the dongle for it.
In reality you can use any cheap laptop that you can run windows on.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going to buy a laptop or tablet just for tuning and would like to know what I need.
I’m with you on this one. I had the same mspnp2 installed a few weeks ago but realized I would have to learn the program app and laptop requirements. I’m ok with computer apps but not so much with engine FM parameters. I went back to mass air until I can get the Vortech installed and every thing stable.

Well I'm not worried about learning to tune it as a91what? Aka Steve is the resident efi guru.
After my third hospital stay in 3 months this Wednesday the 21st. Penis reduction( I mean prostate) ( I recommend not getting old it sucks)I'll install the wideband,and mspnp, then get with Steve.
I can pay him to teach me or just let him remote tune for me. Right now the tune will be just for my stock motor, then after I build my 347 I'll need to retune.

So how does remote tuning work? I know there are programs that can be installed that let another person literally access your computer and run programs on it in real time. Or do you send him the data and he tells you what changes to make? I was having the guy that installed it for me do the tuning at his shop but I realized that some of the incremental changes leading up to the blower install would start requiring some re-tuning and more shop time. The mspnp2 actually worked pretty well the way he had the tune. As for "not getting old", too late; I'm already there! It sure ain't for sissies.

So how does remote tuning work? I know there are programs that can be installed that let another person literally access your computer and run programs on it in real time.
Yes

Or do you send him the data and he tells you what changes to make?
...and yes or you can send him your data logs and he can make the changes.

Thanks Noobz347. Just read Steve's Services list, looks like I will be going to school in the near future! Well maybe...CRS gets the better of me at times.
That's the getting old part that sucks most, but I'm sure Steve can get you to remember the tuning .Good luck and post pics of the blower install.

Usually the tuner program states the specs of the machine needed and what office programe etc......

I still use any one of these 4 plus I also have a Windows based RCA Cambrio that has a detachble keyboard...Each one is loaded with a a ton of databases...........

Attachments

• IMG_20200126_150540653.jpg
    IMG_20200126_150540653.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 44