What is needed for header swap?

• Sponsors (?)

1) New ford OEM header gaskets
2) New matching brand shorty midpipe (ex: MAC w/ MAC etc.... so you don't have to custom fit things)
3) Optional- New locking header bolts. Not mandatory but will keep those headers on there tight.

That should be everything.

Get some motor mounts while you are at it. That would be a perfect time to upgrade or replace some damaged ones. You can re-use the stock bolts, but if you want to spend the extra coin then get the locking bolts. I re-used my stock ones with no issues.

1) New ford OEM header gaskets
2) New matching brand shorty midpipe (ex: MAC w/ MAC etc.... so you don't have to custom fit things)
3) Optional- New locking header bolts. Not mandatory but will keep those headers on there tight.

That should be everything.

And the 02 extenders right? Or are they not required?

thanks guys

And the 02 extenders right? Or are they not required?

thanks guys

You can request with your tune that they eliminate the rear two oxygen sensors....meaning you don't really need extenders or mil eliminators. I have extenders on mine with cats and mine is running a CEL. Need to get back to my tuner and turn those sensors off....

if your doing it yourself, make sure you remove your original exhaust studs. you WILL NOT be able to reuse the nuts on the the back side of the manifolds... with bbk headers, the nuts would not fit on the studs... i had a NASTY exhaust leak for a long time. I have since switched to stage 8 locking fasteners, and have not had a problem since. They are around 50 bucks and well worth it... i had several nuts on the original studs come loose and you will find out very fast how un-easy it is to install everything...

make sure that you drop the k-member and use an engine support to do the job, otherwise your going going to be VERY unhappy with the results. Its a very time consuming project... but IMHO its worth it in the end.

i suggest,
stock exhaust gaskets, or percy's seal for goods
stage 8 locking fasteners
02 sims
after market H pipe (sounds better than x imo)
new hardware for the midpipe

and a tune...

if your doing it yourself, make sure you remove your original exhaust studs. you WILL NOT be able to reuse the nuts on the the back side of the manifolds... with bbk headers, the nuts would not fit on the studs... i had a NASTY exhaust leak for a long time. I have since switched to stage 8 locking fasteners, and have not had a problem since. They are around 50 bucks and well worth it... i had several nuts on the original studs come loose and you will find out very fast how un-easy it is to install everything...

make sure that you drop the k-member and use an engine support to do the job, otherwise your going going to be VERY unhappy with the results. Its a very time consuming project... but IMHO its worth it in the end.

i suggest,
stock exhaust gaskets, or percy's seal for goods
stage 8 locking fasteners
02 sims
after market H pipe (sounds better than x imo)
new hardware for the midpipe

and a tune...

Ok so far I've ordered some BBK header gaskets, a shorty prochamber, and locking bolts. Im not worried about the 02 sensors since I can easily turn them off with my SCT. Now Im just debating on going with either chrome or ceramic longtubes (both come with midpipe mounting hardware). I really would rather not spend the extra $150 for ceramic LT's if i don't necessarily NEED them :shrug: