What motor oil you running

• Sponsors (?)

Since i bought my Stang 3 years ago i run 10w30 regular Valvoline (white can) and i was thinkin switching to Mobil1 synthetic don't know what grade because my bottom end have 115k and i heard thicker oil is needed for high milage 302 ???
I use to run STP filter before but i switched to Fram because its better

BTW Whats deal with Motorcraft FL1A filter , any good ??? , is that OEM replacement ???

Slow5.0 said:
Since i bought my Stang 3 yearsago i run 10w30 regular Valvoline (white can) and i was thinkin switching to Mobil1 synthetic don't know what grade because my bottom end have 115k and i heard thicker oil is needed for high milage 302 ???
Misconception there is no reason to go with a thicker oil, as long as the engine doesn't leak or burn oil you should stay with what the manufacture recomends.

I use to run STP filter before but i switched to Fram because its better

BTW Whats deal with Motorcraft FL1A filter , any good ??? , is that OEM replacement ???
Fram is crap all the reports I have read are mostly all negative. Puralator One (blue) is a great filter. Puraltor makes Motorcraft to Ford specs and they are one of th top rated filter on the market. Also motorcraft filters are cheaper then Puraltor Ones by about $2.

wytstang said:
Misconception there is no reason to go with a thicker oil, as long as the engine doesn't leak or burn oil you should stay with what the manufacture recomends.

Well thats reason why i was thinkin about thicker oil , mine burn little big , it doesn't smoke ,but i know it using little bit of oil , i guess it pass rings
Hell last 30k miles motor had some hard time with me :D

Currently I have Valvoline 10w-30 in the motor. I still have less than 2K on a newly built motor. Once I hit 2K miles I will began using either Mobile 1 10w-30 (winter) or 20w-50 (summer) or use Amsoil. I plan to use only Ford Motorcraft oil filters. I used to use the Mobile 1 oil filters but I think its a waist of monies.

I *normally* run syntec 20-50, or mobil one 15-50, whatever the store has 8 quarts of. I *always* run the FL-1A filter also.
However, this time I'm trying Royal Purple 20-50 with a quart of lucas oil stabilizer and a K&N oil filter, not to happy to spend $70 on a oil change looking back at it:rlaugh:

For those who dont know, Walmart sells motorcraft oil filters, up till last year you coulb buy FL-1A filters for $2.77, they are a little over 3 bucks now, still alot cheaper than the dealer.

Mike.