What motor oil you running

• Sponsors (?)

94gts said:
5 quarts of mobil 1 10w-30 is 19.99 at walmart. I use carquest BLUE filters. A synthetic oil change costs me $24:D

I change it every 2,000-3,000 miles because i beat the crap out of my car:lol:

Yeah, I saw that when I was at Walmart the other day. I plan to get 3 of those 5 gallon jugs. Sams Club has it cheap too but not in the 5 gallon jug. Autozone wants $5.79 per quart, up from $4.99.

Also, I see some of you guys are using the Motorcraft FL-1A oil filters. I thought our cars required the FL-300. So it's ok to run the FL-1A oil filters in our cars?

the fl-300 were made for the cobra's because of the oil cooler clearances. i've run fl-1's in my cobra and it's worked fine ho, just a bit more snug fit. all the fl-300 is, is 1-2 inch's shorter.

wow, some of you guys must change your oil like 3 times a year! forget 5-7K for oil changes, i try do it before 2500, then again i could eat off my motor :)

nazstang said:
the fl-300 were made for the cobra's because of the oil cooler clearances. i've run fl-1's in my cobra and it's worked fine ho, just a bit more snug fit. all the fl-300 is, is 1-2 inch's shorter.

wow, some of you guys must change your oil like 3 times a year! forget 5-7K for oil changes, i try do it before 2500, then again i could eat off my motor :)

Thanks for that Tid Bit.