• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

What plugs to run in 98 s/c cobra?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Roush21
  • Start date Start date Mar 27, 2004
R

Roush21

New Member
Dec 31, 2003
348
0
0
Mar 27, 2004
#1
  • Mar 27, 2004
  • #1
Hey I need to get some new plugs and Im not sure what kind are in the car now because Ive only driven it for 4500 miles and have yet to change them. I am thinking I should get the NGK TR6 plug? is this right? is it 2 steps colder than stock ? that what I believe someone told me to run and I think that is what Tim from T&J runs. Let me know fella's thanx
 

Dark Knight GT

I can't get it up......ok that didn't sound right.
May 26, 2003
3,653
2
56
Ozark, Missouri
Mar 27, 2004
#2
  • Mar 27, 2004
  • #2
I would personally run Iridium plugs on a boosted car. If that is what Tim over at T&Jperfromance suggested, I would go with it.
 

ASilver2001GT

Founding Member
Jun 2, 2002
636
0
0
Huntsville/Birmingham, AL
Mar 27, 2004
#3
  • Mar 27, 2004
  • #3
NGK BR7EF thats what Tim recommends
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

96 GT 4.6 w/ dirty spark plug well
  • Mustang Momma
  • Apr 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
171
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Apr 9, 2026
LILCBRA
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
435
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
S
Fox '87 GT can't get to stay running
  • spilly
  • Mar 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
spilly
S
J
PCV system help for S/C
  • jay99914
  • Feb 16, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
753
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Saturday at 1:34 PM
AngryH58
A
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
372
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?