what psi do you guys run on pump gas?

• Sponsors (?)

psi, as in fuel pressure? You cannot add a fuel pressure regulator to your 00GT, the fuel pressure is controlled by the computer..... unlike the 302's, which benefit from the regulator

yea sorry i maen boost psi. i was hoping for at least 10. i wanted to go 12psi, but i guess thatit wouldnt be safe on 94 octain huh.

how are alot of the guys i see on all these sites running higher then 10 psi? i see some with 14? :shrug:

ADRENLN said:
yea sorry i maen boost psi. i was hoping for at least 10. i wanted to go 12psi, but i guess thatit wouldnt be safe on 94 octain huh.

how are alot of the guys i see on all these sites running higher then 10 psi? i see some with 14? :shrug:

9psi...93 octane here...its all about detonation dude......if you can keep the air cooler, or compression lower, you can run more boost. Some guys run methanol /water injection, some guys run forged internals with dish pistons, some just raise octane.

ADRENLN said:

You can go higher, but you run into issues w/ the motor letting go. I'm running 9 lbs right now, once you get the HP up, the internals need to be upgraded to handle the power.

i will have a built engine, but it will prob. be forged internals with stock compression.

i was planning the novi2000 and intercooler.

with the inter cooler, i wont have any problems? :shrug:

ADRENLN said:
i will have a built engine, but it will prob. be forged internals with stock compression.

i was planning the novi2000 and intercooler.

with the inter cooler, i wont have any problems? :shrug:

That's a good setup to run. Is MPH building your motor? If so, why are you sticking w/ the stock compression?

As far as problems go, it still comes down to the motor, how it's built, and how much power you plan to run through it. Tim has built many 600+ HP cars using the Novi 2K w/ IC setup. I just wish mine was one of them. :D

well honestly, i was going to have vt build my engine, and go with mph's novi 2000 blower set up. however, maybe now that i think of it it might be good to have mph build the engine cause they will know better how everything goes together. good point.

anyway i wanted stock compression because i know there are guys that run boost on stock motors, sure they might not last long. i going with forged internals and i was under the impression that stock compression on the gt was ok for boost? or is that wrong once you go with a higher boost.

most of all i wanted to keep this street friendly and able to pass the sniffer. i dont know if compression plays a big role in that, but i wanted to keep things as stock as possable. any advice? :nice:

ADRENLN said:
well honestly, i was going to have vt build my engine, and go with mph's novi 2000 blower set up. however, maybe now that i think of it it might be good to have mph build the engine cause they will know better how everything goes together. good point.

anyway i wanted stock compression because i know there are guys that run boost on stock motors, sure they might not last long. i going with forged internals and i was under the impression that stock compression on the gt was ok for boost? or is that wrong once you go with a higher boost.

most of all i wanted to keep this street friendly and able to pass the sniffer. i dont know if compression plays a big role in that, but i wanted to keep things as stock as possable. any advice? :nice:

I'd call and talk to Tim. He'd be able to give you better advice than I'll ever be able to. If you want higher boost, I'd go w/ lower compression and their cam's, but I'm sure he'll be able to work out a plan w/ you for the higher HP.

I know one of his biggest concerns is building the rest of the car to handle it.
IE - fuel system, trans, rear, torque boxes, clutch, etc.... Most of the guys like Jim and Dave have a small fortune invested in their cars to ensure they hold up. Ultimately, it will depend upon what your goal is for the car.

yea, thanks. you are right. when it gets closer to the time i guess i will give tim a call. where is mph located? i know they are far from me.

im not asking for huge power, but i would like to run 12 psi on the novi.

thing is before the novi and built engine goes in, i will have stage 2 ported foxlake heads, and a p-51 intake. + all the mods i have now.

i wantted around 420 to the wheels, but with these intake anf heads and 12 psi i might go over that.

thanks for the replies guys, they helped me out a bit. i think i gonna try for 12 psi when i get everything set up.

let me ask, what effects will the intercooler and ported heads/ p51 have on boost? does it lessen the boost? or it will be the same 12psi, but wont be exerting as much force on the engine? not really sure how to explain what im asking. :shrug:

ADRENLN said:
let me ask, what effects will the intercooler and ported heads/ p51 have on boost? does it lessen the boost? or it will be the same 12psi, but wont be exerting as much force on the engine? not really sure how to explain what im asking. :shrug:

it will lessen the boost but you will gain a bunch of power.