WHAT REAR AXLES FOR SWAP

I UNDERSTAND THE FRONT END BRAKE SWAP, I THINK, BUT THERE ARE A COUPLE OF THINGS I DON'T QUITE GET ABOUT THE REAR BRAKE SWAP. IF I USE THE SN95 PARTS AND I STILL WANT TO KEEP MY STOCK AXLE LENGTH, WHAT 5 LUG REAR AXLES DO I USE. DO I USE RANGER OR AEROSTAR AXLES OR SOME OTHER, AND WHAT YEAR? I REMEMBER SOME WHERE IT SAID NOT TO USE THE RANGER WITH THE 4.0 ENGINE. I'VE READ ALL THE THREADS I COULD FIND AND DID NOT SEE THE SOLUTION. IS IT THERE AND I DID'NT SEE IT OR WHAT? MAYBE SOMEBODY KNOWS.

• Sponsors (?)

87-93 Mustang 5.0 Brake upgrade pages. Improve your 60-0 times! has almost all of the brake upgrade info, you just have to read it thoroughly.

Briefly, all years of the passenger side Aerostar axles will fit ( those are what I got). They are usually more plentiful I've found. The 80's & early 90's drivers side 4 cyl Ranger works too. I run a search on Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market and you should find quite a few interchange options.

From Matt's website above:

To keep the stock rear wheel offset and drums, the '83-'92 Ranger/Bronco II Left (driver) side axle (29-5/32") from a 4cyl or 3.0L V-6 with the 7.5" rear end, or '86-'97 Aerostar RIGHT side axles (29-5/32") is what you want.

But you realize you will need the special North Racecars Cobra Replica and Mustang Parts Connection brackets or will have to cut and modify the stock SN95 brackets to use the shorter axles.