what should i do with my car

fivespeedsteed

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
Richmond, VA
i have tokico blues, ford racing c springs, no iso's in the rear, my upper and lower control arm bushings in the back are shot, my motor mounts arent doing good, i had to clearance my fan shroud they are so bad.

i recently did a 5 lug, used 94-95 spindles, front calipers, rotors, sn 95 balljoints, prothane control arm bushings (forgot to lube them), and replaced my ps pump, and rack. and mm solid rack mount bushings, and cc plates

my pump still makes noise, and ive bled it a ton, i have another one in my floor im going to put in, i have another click somewhere in my steering, im thinking its either the u-joint in my steering shaft, or my end links.

also i have 03 cobra front brakes in my floor, all i need for that is rotors, master cyl, the conversion kit, prop valve, and ss lines.

so my question is, i need to pull the front apart to lube the control arm bushings before i kill them being dry, but when i put it back together i wanted to just do all of it in the front. maybe minus the brakes.

so if this was your ordeal with christmas money coming up would you get the springs, and then 2 front struts?

i also have to fix my front bumper from a small rear ending i did, and should probably put those motor/trans mounts in(300 or so dollars installed with parts)

so :

1. get front struts and the set of 4 springs (cant buy them seperatly, i tried, im doing road and track springs) then pull the front apart, put the new struts and springs in the front, then fix the bumper and motor mounts? this way would make it so i can drive it more, then all i would have to do is the rear control arms, and shocks to finish up the suspension.

2. just avoid driving it and fix the little stuff?

3. do all suspension front and rear and wait on the brakes/ other stuff?

any more ideas on what to do?

i have about 3 grand im sitting on, and am making 600 a month that i have to spend. and im tryign to decide if i should just spend about a thousand and get the car straight then let it recover, or if i should just spend it as i get it and try to not touch the 3k.

thanks for advice

• Sponsors (?)

lol @ shaolin crane

well more then anything, get those motor/trans mounts replaced before you have more issues then you want. that right there is common sense.

brakes look to be an upgrade option from your listing of parts and what not. fix whatever issues you have right now to make it driveable and safe. they add the rest of your aftermarket parts later as you get time/money.

thats what i just did to mine this morning. parked it when i jumped into it and it barley started. ive got a master cylinder to replace, upgrade to a 3g alt and move the battery to the trunk along with a decent battery ( idiot who owned it before me , or before that guy , put a tractor battery in it )

hey shaolin, you need someone to share your toys with? i can almost pass for a red headed step child. i will give you my resume if your interested.

Nah as my teachers said since kindergarten "Doesn't play well with others, has a hard time sharing, is very confrontational, has trouble paying attention and following directions, but has great potential if he puts his mind to it" but i still blame them...